+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused due to wrong NOC code

akadora

Jul 20, 2013
Hello everyone.
My application for PR has been recently refused due to wrong NOC code.
I applied it as accountant(NOC code 1111), but I wasn't satisfied based on my work experience.
I was not careful enough to read "NOC 1111 employment requirement", saying I need accounting certificate in order to apply as 1111.
I should have applied for NOC 1311 instead.
I understand why my case has been refused.
My only question is, do I still have a chance to re-submit with correct NOC code or do I have to start from the scratch?
I've tried to e-mail case officer and call, but I didn't get a chance to get hold of them.

Can anyone give me some advise, please?

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
They are very strict about NOC, two of my friend from october applicant got rejected last week. (No, they are not on this forum)

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can i ask for visa officer number? If you dont mind.
I know one VO who refused atleast 4 ppl in last 1.5 months.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
whats his number ?

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Who is VO?? Is that your VO in mail?

Buddy ur the 6th applicant in last 1.5 month who refused by that visa officer.
What did u study. I guess you are on open wp. Right?

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of them is me. Did not do anything yet.
Two of them rejected yesterday.
One of them applied with other code.
One is no longer in contact

akadora

Jul 20, 2013
I studied finance, minor in accounting.
The thing is my working permit will be expired next March.
If I have to re-apply from the beginning, looks like it's pretty tight.

I know this was my fault, but waiting for another year because of wrong NOC code makes me frustrated..

kingofqueens

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2013
Med's Done....
31-05-2013
Passport Req..
20-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2013
LANDED..........
08-07-2013
akadora said:
Hello everyone.
My application for PR has been recently refused due to wrong NOC code.
I applied it as accountant(NOC code 1111), but I wasn't satisfied based on my work experience.
I was not careful enough to read "NOC 1111 employment requirement", saying I need accounting certificate in order to apply as 1111.
I should have applied for NOC 1311 instead.
I understand why my case has been refused.
My only question is, do I still have a chance to re-submit with correct NOC code or do I have to start from the scratch?
I've tried to e-mail case officer and call, but I didn't get a chance to get hold of them.

Can anyone give me some advise, please?
sorry to hear the rejection. as far as i know u have to submit a fresh application with correct NOC code

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can u please copy paste actual refusal mail here.
So we can check whether he was not satisfied with your job duties or with employment requirement.

U can reapply , you can apply for BOWP after getting AOR.

nicole1006

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Noc 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
Sorry to hear about that, can u extend your work permit ?

akadora

Jul 20, 2013
According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· knowledge of English or French,

· Canadian skilled work experience,

· Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).

Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: NOC 1111 Accountant

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience based on the information on file. You requested assessment under NOC 1111 based on work experience with the **** from 31/01/11. In support of this you provided a letter dated 24/09/12 from your employer which confirmed your employment and listed your main job responsibilities. The information provided did not satisfy me that you have performed the functions of the lead statement and a majority of the main duties under NOC 1111. Consequently, you have failed to demonstrate that you have acquired twelve months of full-time skilled work experience in Canada at a National Occupational Classification skill of type O or level A or B in the last twenty-four months prior to the submission of your application and after having obtained your Canadian educational credential.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

**I'm currently working at a bank as "junior accountant". My job duties are pretty much matching in NOC code 1111, but the employment requirements says, I need certificate of any of accounting designation. Looks like this is the reason why I got refused. I should have applied for NOC 1311. I guess my only option is re-apply it from the beginning, right?
By the way, what's BOWP and AOR??

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly the same refusal letter i got from same visa officer.
Although ur refusal letter does not indicate he was not satisfied with "employment requirement". I have same he did not mentioned anything in refusal letter.

I applied for GCMS Notes. In which he indicated which duties of NOC not mentioned in my letter as well as end of note he wrote "i am not stisfied applicant meet employment requirement" .
My job is not related to my study.

If u want to apply with same NOC then its better u applied to gcms and check which duties u dont have in letter.