Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br>Express Entry (Point: 392), <br>Applied under SINP EE <br>In Process 30-06-2015<br> After Nomination (Point: 992)
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Hi, unfortunately my husband's visas were rejected 2 times. First time he applied along with my study permit application and 2nd time he applied for Open Work Permit two months ago. First time, he was rejected mentioning no country ties, travel history etc. So, he applied for OWP with more docs like all his parents' properties docs & sponsorships, his own land deed(newly purchased), Leave letter and agreement from employee (Currently working as a Senior Programmer, Agreement with Employer to return otherwise they will claim my property because they will be paying 50% basic salary during leave and will offer higher position after return), letter from university (currently doing EMBA), Associate member certificate of Computer society, letter from my professor & me, 50k+ liquid money in his bank, funds from my side, 2 years tax assessments but still rejected again!!
reasons:
1. Travel history
2. Country ties
3. Limited employment prospects in home country
4. Personal assets and financial status

Our both families as well as We are really upset. We don't have any other idea to show as country tie :( What should we do now?
1. When can he apply again as a visitor? Should he wait for 3-4 months?
2. Should he apply through ONLINE this time? Will it have any benefit? Can anyone suggest any other info that can help?

I am currently in 2nd semester, doing thesis based masters program.

Thanks!

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br>Express Entry (Point: 392), <br>Applied under SINP EE <br>In Process 30-06-2015<br> After Nomination (Point: 992)
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Can anyone suggest who is experienced?

neha.palia

Dec 18, 2012
Have been through same situation!!! Its been 2 years since I am away from my husband. :(
Now that he got a job in Canada we are going to apply again with fingers crossed.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
iceage said:
Hi, unfortunately my husband's visas were rejected 2 times. First time he applied along with my study permit application and 2nd time he applied for Open Work Permit two months ago. First time, he was rejected mentioning no country ties, travel history etc. So, he applied for OWP with more docs like all his parents' properties docs & sponsorships, his own land deed(newly purchased), Leave letter and agreement from employee (Currently working as a Senior Programmer, Agreement with Employer to return otherwise they will claim my property because they will be paying 50% basic salary during leave and will offer higher position after return), letter from university (currently doing EMBA), Associate member certificate of Computer society, letter from my professor & me, 50k+ liquid money in his bank, funds from my side, 2 years tax assessments but still rejected again!!
reasons:
1. Travel history
2. Country ties

Our both families as well as We are really upset. We don't have any other idea to show as country tie :( What should we do now?
2. Should he apply through ONLINE this time? Will it have any benefit? Can anyone suggest any other info that can help?

Thanks!

Usually when the spouse applies for OWP when the other partner has a SP there is no need for demonstrating "proof of financial support" as you are actually stating you want to work. This makes me believe that the error was in the way you applied and the documents you submitted.

You are looking for a "Work Permit for Spouse" and usually it is only one form, copy of study permit, digital photos and copy of passport.

If you do it right it is very simple.

Anyway better paste this thread in the correct subforums:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/international-students-b2.0/

** BTW it was very probable that any TRV was going to be denied if you had SP. CIC prefers that spouses apply for WP when the partner has a SP.

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Dear Jalex23, I have SP, so my spouse applied for OWP. But he was rejected.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
iceage said:
Dear Jalex23, I have SP, so my spouse applied for OWP. But he was rejected.
OK, post this thread in the internatinal students subforum with all the details.

Most likely you made some mistakes in the application and this will be easy to fix.

Good luck! ;)

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Jalex23 said:
OK, post this thread in the internatinal students subforum with all the details.

Most likely you made some mistakes in the application and this will be easy to fix.

Good luck! ;)
Thanks!

NewtoPR

Jun 3, 2014
As per my understanding OWP for Spouse is only applicable if you are having work permit valid for more than six months and your NOC code should be O, A or B. If thats not the case he won't get open work permit.

As you mentioned you are on study permit , correct me if i am wrong.

If you are on Work permit and under above skill , then you can apply for Spouse OWP but he has to be in canada. Just apply Visitor visa and once he land then go for OWP.....this is all based on my undertanding on OWP.

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
NewtoPR said:
As per my understanding OWP for Spouse is only applicable if you are having work permit valid for more than six months and your NOC code should be O, A or B. If thats not the case he won't get open work permit.

As you mentioned you are on study permit , correct me if i am wrong.

If you are on Work permit and under above skill , then you can apply for Spouse OWP but he has to be in canada. Just apply Visitor visa and once he land then go for OWP.....this is all based on my undertanding on OWP.
Spouse of International Student can also apply for OWP. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-spouse.asp

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
iceage said:
reasons:
1. Travel history
2. Country ties

Thanks!
Hi Iceage,

I think because you already have study permit, so your husband can do OWP when he is landing to Canada. Therefore, TRV visitor or Spouse OWP will be treated the same by VO.

I think you made a mistake when changing apply visa from TRV visitor to OWP because VO think that your husband do not want to come back home country and try to get in Canada. I don't know how to advise but I think you should try apply TRV visitor and fix the reason Visa rejection in the first time or your husband go to US and apply Canada TRV visa over there. I think US visa officer will be easier than Singapore visa officer.

Actually, I am the same your situation, my wife and me have US visa and also visited US one time before. My wife will apply study permit in Jan'15 and My 2 Kids and myself will apply TRV. My wife and two kids will be in Canada during the time my wife study and working in Canada. I will be in home country because I have quite good job here but we also worry about visa rejection.

If we just apply 4 of us TRV visitor we think about 95% to get visitor visa but if my wife apply study permit and my 2 Kids & me apply TRV visa the chance to get visa will be 50% I think.

I am trying to find solution how to get my wife study permit, my 2 kids and myself to get TRV visitor visa.

Your case given me that I have to a clear strategy how to apply visa for 4 of us because if we make a mistake the chance to get visa will be difficult.

Tks, Thang

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Sonata95 said:
Hi Iceage,

I think because you already have study permit, so your husband can do OWP when he is landing to Canada. Therefore, TRV visitor or Spouse OWP will be treated the same by VO.

I think you made a mistake when changing apply visa from TRV visitor to OWP because VO think that your husband do not want to come back home country and try to get in Canada. I don't know how to advise but I think you should try apply TRV visitor and fix the reason Visa rejection in the first time or your husband go to US and apply Canada TRV visa over there. I think US visa officer will be easier than Singapore visa officer.

Actually, I am the same your situation, my wife and me have US visa and also visited US one time before. My wife will apply study permit in Jan'15 and My 2 Kids and myself will apply TRV. My wife and two kids will be in Canada during the time my wife study and working in Canada. I will be in home country because I have quite good job here but we also worry about visa rejection.

If we just apply 4 of us TRV visitor we think about 95% to get visitor visa but if my wife apply study permit and my 2 Kids & me apply TRV visa the chance to get visa will be 50% I think.

I am trying to find solution how to get my wife study permit, my 2 kids and myself to get TRV visitor visa.

Your case given me that I have to a clear strategy how to apply visa for 4 of us because if we make a mistake the chance to get visa will be difficult.

Tks, Thang
Hi Thang, thanks for your advice.
Do you have any idea about VO in UK or France? Will be easy if he would go there then apply for TRV?

Regards,

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi iceage,

I read a few forum in my country (Vietnam), a few person said that they got TRV rejection when applying in Singapore VO, after that they apply TRV from USA and got visa.

FSW in this forum also complain a lot of that Singapore VO is very slow to issue the Visa, you can check the link below.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2013-singapore-visa-office-lets-connect-here-t161055.1260.html

Therefore, If you possible to avoid Singapore VO you should do that. I think the chance will be better.

Tks, Thang

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi Iceage,

Try to read this post for applying visitor visa

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/5-reasons-mistake-your-visitor-visa-was-denied-t154667.0.html

Tks, Thang

cjohn1407

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
Med's Request
18-10-2013
Med's Done....
28-10-2013
Passport Req..
09-11-2013
Once u get PGWP ur spouse is eligible for OWP from India.
Source:I did that.