+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal

eowusu64

Jul 30, 2019
i applied for Canadian student visa but i was refused based on the following grounds;

i am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR,

based on the purpose of your visit,

based on your current employment situation,

based on your personal assets and financial status.

Should i reapply?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
i applied for Canadian student visa but i was refused based on the following grounds;

i am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR,

based on the purpose of your visit,

based on your current employment situation,

based on your personal assets and financial status.

Should i reapply?
You can. But not right away apply again. You need to convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country. Make sure you addressed the reasons why you were refused the first time.
If no changes were made most likely you will be refused with the same reasons stated above.

Reactions: eowusu64

eowusu64

Jul 30, 2019
You can. But not right away apply again. You need to convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country. Make sure you addressed the reasons why you were refused the first time.
If no changes were made most likely you will be refused with the same reasons stated above.
Thanks a lot, initially I did not include my personal statements and job because I thought I was not the one sponsoring my education.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
It would help if you told us what documents you provided. What course you applied for and where. How long the course is. What is your educational background. Where is your home country. What proof of financials you gave. We can't really help if you don't give us any details.

eowusu64

Jul 30, 2019
I applied for the MASTER OF BUSINESS COMPLEX PROJECT LEADERSHIP at the University of Ottawa and the course is for 2 years part time. I have already have MBA Finance from my country Ghana. My uncle was sponsoring me with CAD $ 325,000. My fiancee is currently enroll at Saint Mary's University Halifax. She will be starting school next month and she has our newly born baby last April. I did not include my Canada born child and my fiancee to the application. The course is in line with my career path in Project Management. I have my own construction company working in Ghana as director for Projects and also consultants for another construction firm as business development manager. I did not include the latter because it was not relevant to the application. School starts in September and this is a very good course for me even though I have an option of a Doctorate degree.

Please I need help

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
If you own your own company, why do you need a sponsor? That would be a major red flag right there.

eowusu64

Jul 30, 2019
If you own your own company, why do you need a sponsor? That would be a major red flag right there.
Its a young company or a start up company, and I provided the bank statement of the company. and the company can not sponsor my education at this time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not mentioning your Canadian born child is misrepresentation. How did your fiancée enter Canada? Assume she misrepresented her intentions and did not mention her birth tourism intentions. Assume she has paid any costs associated with her and the child’s care. Misrepresenting your intentions and then having a child in Canada can lead to problems getting visas in the future.

eowusu64

Jul 30, 2019
Not mentioning your Canadian born child is misrepresentation. How did your fiancée enter Canada? Assume she misrepresented her intentions and did not mention her birth tourism intentions. Assume she has paid any costs associated with her and the child’s care. Misrepresenting your intentions and then having a child in Canada can lead to problems getting visas in the future.
She has a valid study permit. I did not include their documents but did state in my study plan her being enroll in Canada with our baby. I could not add her because we do not qualify as being married or in common law partner. what should I do then?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She has a valid study permit. I did not include their documents but did state in my study plan her being enroll in Canada with our baby. I could not add her because we do not qualify as being married or in common law partner. what should I do then?
You said she starts school next month. She didn’t have a reason to enter Canada last spring and didn’t have health coverage. When did she start attending school in Canada? So you did include your child in your application although you said you didn’t. Study permits are not usually given to attend part-time courses for 2 years since you can’t work while attending part-time courses.

eowusu64

Jul 30, 2019
You said she starts school next month. She didn’t have a reason to enter Canada last spring and didn’t have health coverage. When did she start attending school in Canada? So you did include your child in your application although you said you didn’t. Study permits are not usually given to attend part-time courses for 2 years since you can’t work while attending part-time courses.
She start school in September. I did state in my study plan that my fiancee and my newly born baby is in canada. but did not include any documentation. Does it mean it is not advisable to reapply because its a part time course? Even though I want to pursue the course?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She start school in September. I did state in my study plan that my fiancee and my newly born baby is in canada. but did not include any documentation. Does it mean it is not advisable to reapply because its a part time course? Even though I want to pursue the course?

What your fiancée did is called birth tourism. Anyone entering so early before school would have been questioned as to why they were in Canada so early and many students have been sent home for arriving in Canada a few months early. If she had divulged that she was pregnant or the CBSA agent realized she was pregnant she would have been returned home. Perhaps she deferred her admission once arriving in Canada and arrived in Canada in March with an admission letter for the summer term. Her being allowed to enter Canada with a September start date makes no sense. She would have not had health insurance so she will be responsible for paying all healthcare costs. Clearly this was planned.

Unfortunately there is no point pursuing part-time course in your situation. If you had significant savings yourself so didn’t need to work and were single perhaps you may be accepted for a part-time course. It would of course not qualify for PGWP. It seems very unlikely that you will be approved. You will likely struggle to get approved for other courses given that CIC now know you have a fiancée and child that was born while she was a visitor. You can attempt to apply for another relevant course but September admission and study permit is unlikely.