+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REFUND OF $550.00 APPLICATION FEE.

jizzyjarguar

Jul 15, 2008
How long does it take to receive the refund of the $550.00 application fee if you withdrew your application before processing? Anybody have an idea? Am a US resident.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jizzyjarguar said:
How long does it take to receive the refund of the $550.00 application fee if you withdrew your application before processing? Anybody have an idea? Am a US resident.
Hi,

I think it may take about 6-8 months. Let seniors also reply.

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
just would like to share my case...i got the refusal letter last march 8, 2011, & just last week i already got the refund, it's a bankdraft in canadian dollars w/ "GOVERNMENT OF cANADA" wrtten on it...that's why i'm not sure if i would be able to encash it here in the philippines, or be able to deposit it in my account. so it just took around 36 days for the CIO to return the payment... :(

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jizzyjarguar said:
Hi!

You have to write them a letter with your original signature that you want to withdraw your application and you also need to provide a reason why you want to withdraw it. It takes around 6 moths to get your refund.

Thanks

rossmanila

Apr 22, 2011
@FAITHYOU you said you received a refusal and got your moneyback. were you refused on the first processing in nova scotia or after processing at manila visa office?

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
rossmanila said:
@ FAITHYOU you said you received a refusal and got your moneyback. were you refused on the first processing in nova scotia or after processing at manila visa office?
got the refusal letter right there from CIO, NS.they're not satisfied w/ my certificate of employment, because there's no job description on it. it didn't reach manila actually. :)

DrDanishHabib

Jan 22, 2011
faithyou said:
got the refusal letter right there from CIO, NS.they're not satisfied w/ my certificate of employment, because there's no job description on it. it didn't reach manila actually. :)
@ FAITH YOU:
thanks brother for sharing this information,i've similar case as yours. kindly tell if they have deducted any amount? and weather if u have received ur documents?

thanks

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
DrDanishHabib said:
@ FAITH YOU:
thanks brother for sharing this information,i've similar case as yours. kindly tell if they have deducted any amount? and weather if u have received ur documents?

thanks
i emailed them regarding my original docs like the IELTS & COE, & got a reply from them that they'll not return those docs anymore, it will serve as their copies...so can't do anything about it.... in my next application i'll just mention that my original docs are still w/ them... ;D ;D ;D

DrDanishHabib

Jan 22, 2011
faithyou said:
i emailed them regarding my original docs like the IELTS & COE, & got a reply from them that they'll not return those docs anymore, it will serve as their copies...so can't do anything about it.... in my next application i'll just mention that my original docs are still w/ them... ;D ;D ;D

Dear FATIHYOU,

The CIO Enquiry just refused me the refund stating that

"Your application was assessed and it was determined that the application met Ministerial Instructions. It was placed into processing and failed on selection due to insufficient points; therefore, no refund will be issued. ""

previously they declined my application saying:

""You obtained insufficient points to qualify for immigration to Canada...your application was given final refusal on May 3, 2011. Any different or new information that you have submitted cannot be taken into consideration. A letter explaining the reasons for this final refusal decision was sent to you, thereby fully concluding your application...........You were assigned 15 points for 1 year(s) work experience. The point assignment is based upon evidence of work experience as General Practitioner/Family Physicians- NOC 3112. List of main duties must be provided within all employer letters.""

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
DrDanishHabib said:
Dear FATIHYOU,

The CIO Enquiry just refused me the refund stating that

"Your application was assessed and it was determined that the application met Ministerial Instructions. It was placed into processing and failed on selection due to insufficient points; therefore, no refund will be issued. ""

previously they declined my application saying:

""You obtained insufficient points to qualify for immigration to Canada...your application was given final refusal on May 3, 2011. Any different or new information that you have submitted cannot be taken into consideration. A letter explaining the reasons for this final refusal decision was sent to you, thereby fully concluding your application...........You were assigned 15 points for 1 year(s) work experience. The point assignment is based upon evidence of work experience as General Practitioner/Family Physicians- NOC 3112. List of main duties must be provided within all employer letters.""
oh sorry for that...i just don't know what's their definition of ASSESSMENT...they've assessed me according to my job description & was refused because of that...maybe i was not assessed yet? maybe they just reviewed my documents & i didn't reached the assessment stage? that's why they've refunded my fee? yah i guess so....better LUCK for us next time... ;D

rrodr_slf

Mar 3, 2013
Hi,

I got a letter last April 2011 stating that i was not eligible due to some reasons and was told to expect the refund 24 to 26 weeks after and that it will come the Centralized Intake Office from Sydney, Nova Scotia. Unfortunately, until now, i have not received any checks. Can you please help me on who i should contact? i already tried to email several email ads and i also tried calling manila office but to no avail. Good thing i found this forum, hope you can help me.

Thanks & God bless!
Dinah