+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - UK Visa

fazalmzm

Jul 22, 2024
Hi,

I have got a UK visa on my RTD, i noticed four letters of my name missing in visa sticker. Can i still travel to UK? Anyone went through same experience?

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi,

I have got a UK visa on my RTD, i noticed four letters of my name missing in visa sticker. Can i still travel to UK? Anyone went through same experience?
I dont have personal experience with this. My guess is if they misspelt your name that is an issue but if you have a long/multiple names and they left out some of the additional names it wont be (I have a 5 part name and some airlines embassies leave out some of my middle names with no issue).

I would go to the uk visa processing center you got your visa at and ask them before travel, so there is less risk overall.

Driz001

Apr 21, 2022
Hello, I completed the UK application online and it took me to the documents page where one of the mandatory documents box to tick is to provide passport or travel document from my country of nationality but I am applying with my RTD. Should I tick the box and continue?

fazalmzm

Jul 22, 2024
Hello, I completed the UK application online and it took me to the documents page where one of the mandatory documents box to tick is to provide passport or travel document from my country of nationality but I am applying with my RTD. Should I tick the box and continue?
Put as Stateless for your nationality

susanamatya

Jul 8, 2024
Dear friends

I am planning to visit the Schengen Area using my Refugee Travel Document (RTD) no PR. I intend to enter Germany and visit several other countries as well. Although I understand that Germany and Italy do not require a visa for RTD holders, I will still need a Schengen visa to visit other Schengen countries.

Could you please confirm whether I can submit my Schengen visa application at the German Embassy in Ontario, or if I need to apply through the embassy of another country? Additionally, I would appreciate it if you could provide me with detailed information on the required documents and the process for applying for a Schengen visa.

Thank you for your assistance.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Dear friends

I am planning to visit the Schengen Area using my Refugee Travel Document (RTD) no PR. I intend to enter Germany and visit several other countries as well. Although I understand that Germany and Italy do not require a visa for RTD holders, I will still need a Schengen visa to visit other Schengen countries.

Could you please confirm whether I can submit my Schengen visa application at the German Embassy in Ontario, or if I need to apply through the embassy of another country? Additionally, I would appreciate it if you could provide me with detailed information on the required documents and the process for applying for a Schengen visa.

Thank you for your assistance.
you cannot apply for a Schengen visa through the german embassy as they do not require a visa to enter with rtd- you would need to apply at a different embassy.