+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document - Schengen visa

Albi Komi

Apr 3, 2024
Does anyone know if you don’t have a PR but a valid RTD and French visa is ok to go to France with no issues?

adamkw

Aug 18, 2024
Exactly just apply to one of the Schengen countries and you get access to the whole area
Hi Rekferiri, thanks for the information! I plan to apply for a Schengen tourism visa via the Netherlands online portal. I saw the application looked similar for France too. So, I have two questions that I'm not sure on how to answer. If you have any insights, that would be great!

1 - Question > What's your Nationality > There's an option to choose Refugee (1951 Convention). Should we select this or the original Nationality from birth?

2 - Question about the Residence permit > Type of residence permit for Canada
The drop-down list shows these 4 options;
  1. No, a residence permit is not required
  2. Permanent residence permit
  3. Temporary residence permit
  4. Other type of permit
Which one should we choose? For context, I'm a Convention refugee with RTD, an Open work permit and No PR (but I have applied for PR).

Any information is really appreciated - thanks !

Wolf Terry

Oct 14, 2024
Hi everyone!
I got a couple of questions. I had a U.S visa ( expired in June 2024) on my national passport, I would like to renew it, I got my TDR, but not the PR.

Do you think I can renew it ? If so, what kind of information should I put where they ask the information of my PR ( number).