+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refugee status denied, where will i be sent to?

liliputian

Dec 10, 2010
If my refugee status is denied, where will I be deported to? Will i be sent back to my country even though I claimed I will be jailed/tortured? I came here on a bogus passport from Spain. Will I be deported there? What if they don't take me? I am terrified I will be sent back to my mother country where I will be tortured. Please help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

liliputian said:
If my refugee status is denied, where will I be deported to? Will i be sent back to my country even though I claimed I will be jailed/tortured? I came here on a bogus passport from Spain. Will I be deported there? What if they don't take me? I am terrified I will be sent back to my mother country where I will be tortured. Please help.
IF you are found not to be a refugee, then you will be returned to your country of citizenship.

liliputian

Dec 10, 2010
Can Canada send me to another country besides where my citizenship is? I will be jailed if I return to my country (I have no criminal record). Can I ask to go anywhere, but where I am from? It is dangerous to return to my country. I have been outspoken on their human rights records. Please...I need help to NOT return there. What else can I do? I have a Canadian friend/girlfriend. Can she help and/or sponsor me while I'm going thru the refugee process? If I'm denied, can she sponsor me? If I get a Canadian job...can my employer sponsor me too if I am refused as a person of need of protection? What about applying for the Compassionate stay? Can I do that and appeal at the same time? I don't understand the appeal process...there is one to the Courts and one to Immigration. Which one do I apply to? They both have a dismal success rate....
Thank you so much.

liliputian

Dec 10, 2010
liliputian said:
Can Canada send me to another country besides where my citizenship is? I will be jailed if I return to my country (I have no criminal record). Can I ask to go anywhere, but where I am from? It is dangerous to return to my country. I have been outspoken on their human rights records. Please...I need help to NOT return there. What else can I do? I have a Canadian friend/girlfriend. Can she help and/or sponsor me while I'm going thru the refugee process? If I'm denied, can she sponsor me? If I get a Canadian job...can my employer sponsor me too if I am refused as a person of need of protection? What about applying for the Compassionate stay? Can I do that and appeal at the same time? I don't understand the appeal process...there is one to the Courts and one to Immigration. Which one do I apply to? They both have a dismal success rate....
Thank you so much.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

liliputian said:
Thank you so much.
Only if the other country will accept you.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need a lawyer, there is an appeal process, have you gone through that? Its a little hard for us to understand as we dont know the specifics of your case, you may need professional help.

auma

Sep 5, 2010
hello liliputian
i don't from iraq.but i made a refugee claim application from in iraq for canada via unhcr.i am waiting since 5 months.and i don't know what will be it?i think that you need a lawyer.there is an establishment in hamilton and they are helping to refugees.but if you are in toronto or hamilton.the establishment name is SİSO.you go to there.they will give you any advice and info.there are some people in canada and still waiting.if you have genuine proof,don't worry.i hope the canadian government accept you.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
@Liliu
Be positive .You should keep your spirits high while awaiting your decision.According to the statistics In Canada the probability of a positive decision in refugees claims is 50%. Keep in mind that illegal entry or fake documents does not count against you according to the Geneva conventions. So you should get refugee status if your case is well founded even if you used a fake passport.

liliputian

Dec 10, 2010
Thank you for all your support! It means a lot to me.
I am just planning for "worst case scenario." 50% of refugee cases lose (and win) and of course I hope I will be victorious. I am very scared though of being returned to my country.
PS My English friend is translating for me!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Think positive and you'll invite positive energy, try it and hope things work out for you. Stop thinking about the 50% chance just focus on the fact that things will work out, you will live in Canada and you'll be happy