+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refugee claimant versus a person in need for protection

mingota19

Aug 16, 2017
as i am trying to guide a friend of mine who wants to seek protection in Canada under domestic violence grounds. i have searched the immigration website and found this category where i think her claim can find ground for ." refugee claimant / a person in need for proctetion.
according to the website a person in need for proctetion is someone that may face danger for : torture , risk to their life , and a risk of cruel and unusual treatment or punishment ,then i think she can go ahead with her claimant according to the above definition.
need any input from u guys
thanks

mingota19

Aug 16, 2017
i know i got already previous inout regarding this matter , but wat u guys think her chances are under that category of "person in need for protetcion"?? and not refugee claimant??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Her chances are extremely low.

I would advise her not to go the refugee / protection route since it's most likely going to end in refusal - at which point she'll eventually be forced to leave Canada and it will be very difficult to return. Additionally, once a refugee claim is refused n Canada, this will make it much more difficult if not impossible to obtain visas for other countries.

I would instead advise her to apply to immigrate through an economic stream like Express Entry or the Provincial Nominee Programs.

kajoor

Sep 6, 2017
Could you please help us understand why the chances are low.

Also can you define what covers domestic violance ? My relatives have been killed by terrorist groups and i am the next one in their list.

What category should i claim. Refugee claim or a person in need of protection.??

Keeping in mind i am in canada.

Last edited: