+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimant CBSA Inadmissibility Hearing by DUI Charge

Qasim pervez

Jul 20, 2024
Hello,
This is my first post. I am a refugee claimant living in Toronto, Ontario.

My refugee hearing was delayed because of an incident that occurred on May 6, 2023. Ultimately resulting in my DUI charge on March 19, 2024. During the court process I received a letter stating that my application for my refugee status was placed on hold.

The charge is 320.14(1)(b) Impaired driving/operation over 80 bac, a hybrid offence, but The Crown elected summarily.

And I received the CBSA inadmissibility hearing letter and e-mail three days before.

What should I expect during the hearing ?

What normally happens during a hearing?

Has anyone had the same experience as me, and if so, are you willing to share your experience?

Is there anything I can do to prepare for my CBSA hearing? Are there any actions I can do before this hearing?

Thanks for all answers,

Qasim pervez

Jul 20, 2024
Hi dear can I have your contact I have same case I want discuss with you my case still pending both because am not ready for plea guilt because my charge is false

rcincanada2019

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I'm sorry to hear that you are speaking from a higher position. Everyone makes mistakes. I believe that if someone is fully aware and understands the rules, they will act cautiously, and someone who doesn't know the rules isn't at fault in my view. However, legally, it's difficult to prove ignorance of an act. I am well aware that there is no justice in Canadian courts. The prosecutor often implies guilt, leading to convictions, and many charter rights are not respected.
Ignorance of the Law is No Excuse

https://educaloi.qc.ca/en/capsules/ignorance-of-the-law-is-no-excuse/

A DUI is a very serious matter. One cannot simply argue that they don't know they will be impaired when drunk.

My compassion goes to the victims of DUI drivers. And I do have a friend who was disabled for life because somebody thinks it's their god-given right to drive after drinking. A father, of an infant and a toddler who can no longer work because he was disabled from the neck down.

Reactions: itzdrmac

gordonex

Nov 12, 2023
PRRA interview???

Can you share it with me?

I have also been invited to apply for PRRA

end of this month

You have to go there and they will give you PRRA application forms. You have 15 days to submit it. They will explain you everything in there. On PRRA you need to show evidence except your refugee files or I don’t know will not be good.
Good luck.

chuanlin81

Oct 18, 2023
You have to go there and they will give you PRRA application forms. You have 15 days to submit it. They will explain you everything in there. On PRRA you need to show evidence except your refugee files or I don’t know will not be good.
Good luck.
So I need to go there in person??

Is that IMM 5508?

niagrafalse

Aug 16, 2024
Good luck.
any update?