+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee/asylum claimants 2024 timelines

helpme1

Star Member
Mar 6, 2024
Didn't ask anything just seized passport and gave me documents. Yes biometrics were done today. Everything was done within 3 hours.
Can you please tell me what specification we are supposed to use for the passport photo ? And does it need a guarantor ? Thx

Haniwak

Jun 8, 2024
Hello
My application is at the submitted stage, no interview yet. But I want to withdraw my claim, will I be asked to leave Canada if I withdraw? I still have all my documents with me .

Rekawt

Jun 12, 2024
Submitted BOC 16 April 2024
AOC/Medicals Requested 20 April 2024
Interview / 8 May 2024 Refugee brown paper - work permits and Sin Number

hearing date ..........

hinhaj

Oct 10, 2023
Boc submit 23/12/23
Medical abnd AOC 28/12/23
Passport seizure and biometrics 12/2/24
Eligibility/work permit/brown paper/IRB refrel 4/3/24
Now waiting for hearing

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
My application is at the submitted stage, no interview yet. But I want to withdraw my claim, will I be asked to leave Canada if I withdraw? I still have all my documents with me .
Yes once you withdraw your application you lose status and a removal order is triggered.

yakuza93

May 26, 2023
Yes once you withdraw your application you lose status and a removal order is triggered.
Hello
You can withdraw your application if you have not been called for an interview yet.

"At any point prior to the referral of a claim to the Refugee Protection Division (RPD), or a determination that the claim is not eligible for referral, the client may indicate that they no longer wish to pursue the claim. Such a discontinuation is not considered a withdrawal for the purposes of paragraph 101(1)(c) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). This means that if the person concerned makes a refugee claim at a later date, it cannot be determined ineligible under paragraph A101(1)(c)."

Here is a link for more information.

Good luck.

Sony38

Jun 5, 2024
Refugee Claim application date: 30 th March,2024.
No AOC yet
Still reviewing application.
Anybody here same like this?

shaz1983

Star Member
May 3, 2024
Hi guys once we get the positive NOD what's the PR processing times? A rough timeline. Does it go under the 12-18 months of usual processing time for PR? Would greatly appreciate your response on this.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi guys once we get the positive NOD what's the PR processing times? A rough timeline. Does it go under the 12-18 months of usual processing time for PR? Would greatly appreciate your response on this.
It says 29 months right now. What I see from the forum is 2 years usually. When I see their timeline I can say takes 2 years. I’ve applied 13 months ago and there is nothing yet.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Is there a specific fast track process for underage kids? If both parents are in canada does their PR process works faster?
I don’t think so. If you have your partner and kids in Canada and if you guys applied together they will process at the same time. But if your family members overseas, yours will be processed first and theirs later. But no faster for kids or other family members.

shaz1983

Star Member
May 3, 2024
I don’t think so. If you have your partner and kids in Canada and if you guys applied together they will process at the same time. But if your family members overseas, yours will be processed first and theirs later. But no faster for kids or other family members.
Ok thank you very much