+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee/Asylum Claimants 2023 Timeline

tasase

Star Member
Oct 9, 2023
I know someone that got submitted and got brown paper last October and just had a successful hearing yesterday. While it depends on the countries and the nature of the persecution, western provinces have less people and are faster.

Reactions: broccoli13

broccoli13

Star Member
Jul 19, 2024
Yes, any of the Western provinces tend to be faster. Alberta also has decent amount of job opportunities. More than Thunder Bay.
FINALLY!! Someone who also knows it!! In this forum everyone just loves to demotivate people saying hearings take 2 years for everywhere in Canada. Lol what a big lie. Western provinces especially Vancouver is very fast.

Reactions: tasase

Morale

Apr 6, 2023
I applied in September 2023 Montreal, I have gotten my work permit but no hearing date yet . I wanted to know if I move from Quebec to another province and update my address will that help to expedite my hearing date ?
I am also in Quebec Montreal, I applied in February 2023 and no hearing yet. I saw somewhere that the processing time for refugee claims in Quebec is 39 months while everywhere else it’s 24 months!

Gedionab

Jul 9, 2019
Hi beautiful ppl.
I just received this letter from immigration and Refugee Board regarding my designated representative for my 3 children and confirm with in 10 days.
Can we say from your past experience our case in moving forward? Can this be a green light for our case being closer to the date of hearing? Please let me know if anyone got such kind of letter.
File transferd to Toronot IRB-RPD office on February 22, 2024. Hope to hear from you all. Thank you.

theclaimer

Jul 29, 2022
Hi beautiful ppl.
I just received this letter from immigration and Refugee Board regarding my designated representative for my 3 children and confirm with in 10 days.
Can we say from your past experience our case in moving forward? Can this be a green light for our case being closer to the date of hearing? Please let me know if anyone got such kind of letter.
File transferd to Toronot IRB-RPD office on February 22, 2024. Hope to hear from you all. Thank you.

This is a regular letter. As the children are minors, it confirms that you are their representative.

Gedionab

Jul 9, 2019
This is a regular letter. As the children are minors, it confirms that you are their representative.
Thank you @theclaimer I was also thinking that does that mean I am going to have an appointment for hearing soon? Did anyone has this experiance? If so how was the time frame from this letter on ward? Thank you so much.
This is my detial
Refugee claime at the airport on arrival Aug 19, 2023
Medical Sep 1, 2023
Work Permit Sep 28, 2023
BOC, Brown Paper and Referal to IRB Feb 22, 2024
Security clearnace March 22, 2024
Waiting for Hearing appointment
Toronto

theclaimer

Jul 29, 2022
Thank you @theclaimer I was also thinking that does that mean I am going to have an appointment for hearing soon? Did anyone has this experiance? If so how was the time frame from this letter on ward? Thank you so much.
This is my detial
Medical Sep 1, 2023
Work Permit Sep 28, 2023
Toronto
To my knowledge, this letter has no connection with hearing.
The hearing date varies from case to case.

tasase

Star Member
Oct 9, 2023
This is my detial
Medical Sep 1, 2023
Work Permit Sep 28, 2023
Toronto
Hi, did you get any correspondence advising it is short or normal or complex hearing? The reason I ask is time line is almost same as yours and in Ontario. I have got nothing so far.

Gedionab

Jul 9, 2019
Hi, did you get any correspondence advising it is short or normal or complex hearing? The reason I ask is time line is almost same as yours and in Ontario. I have got nothing so far.
Hi Tasase, Not really I only recieved a letter from immigration and Refugee Board regarding my designated representative for my 3 children. On the letter it also said "No hearing date has been scheduled yet" So no news regarding hearing date neither short or normal. I hope after 10 days I will be expecting something after confirming my designated representative for my 3 childern.

Reactions: tasase

tasase

Star Member
Oct 9, 2023
Hi Tasase, Not really I only recieved a letter from immigration and Refugee Board regarding my designated representative for my 3 children. On the letter it also said "No hearing date has been scheduled yet" So no news regarding hearing date neither short or normal. I hope after 10 days I will be expecting something after confirming my designated representative for my 3 childern.
okay thank you