+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee/Asylum Claimants 2023 Timeline

niques_bah

Apr 19, 2024
My interview will be in Kitchener. Is it mandatory for birth certificates? I have only my passport with me.
No I don't think it's mandatory, but any original document from your home country. I also had to bring 4 passport photos that was needed.

Ivantika

Apr 20, 2024
My interview will be in Kitchener. Is it mandatory for birth certificates? I have only my passport with me.
Hi Bhtsan, I don't think it's mandatory to take your birth certificate. If you don't mind, can you share your timeline from submission at the Kitchener's office, please. I am thinking the process may move a little faster there.

Reactions: Bhtsan

Bhtsan

Mar 17, 2024
Hi Bhtsan, I don't think it's mandatory to take your birth certificate. If you don't mind, can you share your timeline from submission at the Kitchener's office, please. I am thinking the process may move a little faster there.
BOC submitted: 7th March 2024
Medicals: March 11
Medicals updated: March 28
Biometrics and notice of seizure: April 23
Kitchener office

niques_bah

Apr 19, 2024
Thank you Bhtsan! I submitted my BOC yesterday. Hope the process moves along quickly for me as well.
It looks like it may take 6 weeks tops for everything. Once they send you the form to complete your medical try doing that as soon as you get it. Panel Physicians takes long sending results and they barely answer phone for any update.

Good Luck on your process.

Ivantika

Apr 20, 2024
It looks like it may take 6 weeks tops for everything. Once they send you the form to complete your medical try doing that as soon as you get it. Panel Physicians takes long sending results and they barely answer phone for any update.

Hey Niques, thank you! I am hoping that everything moves smoothly. Did you file at the Kitchener's office too?

mustafa556

Mar 26, 2024
Give them a call! They will ask your UCI, then offer connecting to the officer on your case (don't — that never works, ask to leave a note so that the officer will call you back instead).
hi, thank you for the answer,can u tell me witch number i should call? thank you

zizilylian

Apr 20, 2024

I'm wondering what's happening with mine. Medical was updated on March 8th, no call for biometrics yet...almost 2months

Zaquan

Jul 18, 2023
BOC- July 2023
Brown paper- Sep 2023
Less complex case - Jan 2024
Files submitted- Jan 2024
Currently waiting on hearing date. How long is it taking this days to get a decision/ hearing date for less complex cases??
Hello, kindly would you share what a less complex case would be like? Thanks