+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee/Asylum Claimants 2023 Timeline

helpme1

Star Member
Mar 6, 2024
So, the solution from your point of view is just crying.

I want to bring to your attention that the parliament verdict for reviewing the Canadian policy of exporting weapons to Isreal cased by a petition signed by 8000.

If it's useless and the government knew everything, why did they put this option on the House of Commons website ? It's useless from your viewpoint.
That's a global event with a significant voter base for Trudeau and NDP. That's all. What happened after ? It was non-binding right.
Once something is decided, the petitions are only bells and whistles. Petitions don't cause anything. If they do, then it was already decided long ago to make changes and the petition was just a useless exercise.
Everything happens behind the curtains.
I am talking petitions in general here.

Mancini

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
If you allow me to take part in the discussion.

Have you read the recommendations of the Office of the Auditor General concerning protected persons and reunification with their dependents? It is a huge report that included several recommendations concerning protected persons and reunification with family members:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-recommendations-of-the-standing-committee-on-citizenship-and-immigration-useful-to-read.830393/

This petition is perfectly aligned to these recommendations. The Auditor General has called on IRCC to do more and more to help reunification of the family. That report and this petition serve the same cause. This petition is important particularly at this time.

Yes, the refugee claims are at record numbers. However, for those whose claims have been accepted, why should they suffer? Why should they (and their dependents) spend years and years for reunification?

This petition does not support any false refugee claims. It tries to help those who have become protected by the government.

helpme1

Star Member
Mar 6, 2024
If you allow me to take part in the discussion.

Have you read the recommendations of the Office of the Auditor General concerning protected persons and reunification with their dependents? It is a huge report that included several recommendations concerning protected persons and reunification with family members:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-recommendations-of-the-standing-committee-on-citizenship-and-immigration-useful-to-read.830393/

This petition is perfectly aligned to these recommendations. The Auditor General has called on IRCC to do more and more to help reunification of the family. That report and this petition serve the same cause. This petition is important particularly at this time.

Yes, the refugee claims are at record numbers. However, for those whose claims have been accepted, why should they suffer? Why should they (and their dependents) spend years and years for reunification?

This petition does not support any false refugee claims. It tries to help those who have become protected by the government.
Pro Immigration and pro compassion appeasement phase is over for the government given the anti-immigrant public sentiment. What they want now is people to not jump the queue. I mean they prioritize economic immigrants over others at this point. So while the protected person can stay and work, they need to wait to bring family over. They need to wait to get PR. Always noticed how governments value human capital over sympathy handouts. That's how the world works. Government thinks they've done enough. That's the whole point. There are so many recommendations from so many years IRCC thinks is not warranted. A petition is just a petition. I think people who think petitions work are new to how government works here.