+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refuge status

dudabrodzeli

Jul 7, 2024
I get this letter (pdf) to my IRCC Portal:

This is to confirm that your claim for refugee protection has been referred to the Refugee Protection
Division (RPD) of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB). At a later date, the RPD will send
you a Notice to Appear for a Hearing, which will provide you with the date, time and place of your hearing,
as well as further instructions.

The case is soon I will have interview appointment, so I am littlebit confused. If claim for refugee protection has been referred to the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) what is the point of interview?
Can anyone guide me?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022

This is to confirm that your claim for refugee protection has been referred to the Refugee Protection
Division (RPD) of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB). At a later date, the RPD will send
you a Notice to Appear for a Hearing, which will provide you with the date, time and place of your hearing,

The case is soon I will have interview appointment, so I am littlebit confused. If claim for refugee protection has been referred to the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) what is the point of interview?
Can anyone guide me?
Ircc referred your application. Things just starting now. They will decide. It doesn’t mean you will have hearing soon. I hope everything goes well.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Can anyone guide me?
This is a normal step in the process for everyone. The interview is to determine if your refugee claim will be approved or not.