+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letters - originals needed?

soyabean

Oct 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are original versions of reference letters needed at any point during the OINP/EE process? Or just copies will do? How about once you land and go through immigration? I'm asking because I was able to obtain soft copies of my letters via email attachments and want to make sure those are sufficient. My previous employers are overseas so don't want to ask them to send physical copies to me unless I really need them.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soyabean said:
Are original versions of reference letters needed at any point during the OINP/EE process? Or just copies will do? How about once you land and go through immigration? I'm asking because I was able to obtain soft copies of my letters via email attachments and want to make sure those are sufficient. My previous employers are overseas so don't want to ask them to send physical copies to me unless I really need them.
Keep the originals handy in case you are called for an interview. You might aswell get through without an interview but thats a calculated risk you will have to take. Good luck.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
StAnger said:
Keep the originals handy in case you are called for an interview. You might aswell get through without an interview but thats a calculated risk you will have to take. Good luck.
+1 to what StAnger says. Better to have them handy and never need them than to..you know what I'm getting at. I am in a similar position with my reference letters (previous employers say they've mailed the oiginals but I have yet to recieve them). Let's hope this won't be a problem. I invite folksnwith experience to share their stories.m re: this issue. Thanks.

soyabean

Oct 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your replies. Yea it's probably better to have the originals just in case. I didn't even know there was the possibility of an interview so thanks for highlighting that.