+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter query urgent

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
For me getting payslips (dating back 8-9 years ago) and getting a bank statement that certifies the deposits is next to impossible. I didnt read anything online that said pay slips / bank deposits are needed.
Exactly. But who asked you to get docs 8-9 yrs old? Where did you get that info?

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nothing adds value which is not in the checklist. It's all a myth of providing additional documents until asked for. Unnecessarily flooding them with extra docs only delays the process by making your file lengthier for them to go through. Just think about it.

I did a hardcore research on every aspect before filing and after receiving ITA, I was assured that I'm not gonna bomb them with extra docs. I was sure that I'll provide them what they've asked for. I've put myself in there shoes and thought about what exactly they are looking for.

CIC specifies each and everything very clearly. It's us, who are making mistakes, not them. If our application is getting delayed, we have done something wrong. Just because it's our, we will deny in committing a mistake.

BTW, my copr is on way. Given mine and family's passport to vfs.

Moreover, I didn't see or followed YouTube because CIC was clear enough on how to and what to do.
First of all congrats for your COPR.
Secondly it differs from person to person, your case the reference letter may be from a large organisation/reputed organisation.
Incase of the other 2 guys on this thread their companies seems to be Small/medium sized enterprise (MD or admin signing off). For them its best they provide as much as possible.

Additional documents proving your skilled work doesn't delay the process, if CIC is happy with the reference letter they will glance through the pay stubs and bank statements and move on and update on the file background check not required.
Only if they find the need to verify your reference letter, then you can save time by providing additional docs upfront which are extremely easy to get.

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Secondly it differs from person to person, your case the reference letter may be from a large organisation/reputed organisation.
Incase of the other 2 guys on this thread their companies seems to be Small/medium sized enterprise (MD or admin signing off). For them its best they provide as much as possible.

Additional documents proving your skilled work doesn't delay the process, if CIC is happy with the reference letter they will glance through the pay stubs and bank statements and move on and update on the file background check not required.
Only if they find the need to verify your reference letter, then you can save time by providing additional docs upfront which are extremely easy to get.
As someone who's been in the business of verifying documents, let me give my two cents. Additional documents attached to the file almost never create a delay (Unless they are excessive) We would always appreciate if a new customer to the bank gave all required documents at the beginning than us having to call them and request them to come over or send over the missing items. Yes there were times when instead of providing 1 ID proof people will submit a copy of 3 different ones but we would simply shred them if they weren't required and continue working. But in case where we found that a photograph on one of the IDs was smudged or faded we would be happy to have an alternative sitting right there.

Ofcourse, like I've mentioned in another post somewhere (on FB I think) Immigration is a big deal, and it's always good to support your case with as many documents as possible (as long as they are organized and you might even put a note on top of each pdf file explaining what it contains) The only reason a VO will be annoyed with additional documents is if you decided to print the script for Game of Thrones season 8 and attach it with your file. Other than that, a couple of additional documents that are not required are simply chucked into the shredder.

Reactions: Sharan083

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019

Thank you so much ma'am

Regarding my company, it's a company with 25cr annual turnover. So all in all its a small to medium scale. I've read the thread regarding them. TCS or any small scale departmental store, it's how you produce the docs and how precise and specific they are. I'm not against showing or providing extra documents, my point is to keep it short and simple. These people don't like elaborate resume, if it's crisp and detailed with bullet points, it'll fascinate them coz their questions do get answered in those bullet points.

They don't work like Indian companies like more the merrier. They have set principles regarding documents and they will stick to that. I've tried and understand their philosophy and that's why........... I've given no pay stubs, no bank statement, no additional documents proving my employment, bank balance and not even scanned copies of my education docs. What I gave were........
1. IELTs scanned copy
2. WES scanned report
3. Passport expired and valid scanned copies
4. PCC scanned copy
5. Meds
6. Children birth certificate scanned
7. Pnp nomination
8. Only employment reference letter and appraisal letters scanned
9. Only Bank reference letter scanned

That's it. No additional docs. My e-apr was 29th May and I received passport request on 12th July. Only 42 calender days coz I didn't wrack up their brains with extra docs.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thank you so much ma'am

Regarding my company, it's a company with 25cr annual turnover. So all in all its a small to medium scale. I've read the thread regarding them. TCS or any small scale departmental store, it's how you produce the docs and how precise and specific they are. I'm not against showing or providing extra documents, my point is to keep it short and simple. These people don't like elaborate resume, if it's crisp and detailed with bullet points, it'll fascinate them coz their questions do get answered in those bullet points.

They don't work like Indian companies like more the merrier. They have set principles regarding documents and they will stick to that. I've tried and understand their philosophy and that's why........... I've given no pay stubs, no bank statement, no additional documents proving my employment, bank balance and not even scanned copies of my education docs. What I gave were........
1. IELTs scanned copy
2. WES scanned report
3. Passport expired and valid scanned copies
4. PCC scanned copy
5. Meds
6. Children birth certificate scanned
7. Pnp nomination
8. Only employment reference letter and appraisal letters scanned
9. Only Bank reference letter scanned

That's it. No additional docs. My e-apr was 29th May and I received passport request on 12th July. Only 42 calender days coz I didn't wrack up their brains with extra docs.
You gave your appraisal letters which are additional documents which provide additional comfort over the reference letter. That's a good alternative to payslips. Some people also attach IT returns in case they do not have copies of appraisal letters or pay stubs.

In addition you are a PnP applicant, VO knows a different pair of eyes has already reviewed all your documents at the province level.

Like I said it differs from case to case, none of us on the forum here wish to delay the process, nor do any of us wish to add on to the document list.
Over time it is seen ADR is raised to provide supporting documents, thus all members and people making Vlogs suggest to make a crisp file with supporting documents and upload everything together in one go.

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
You gave your appraisal letters which are additional documents which provide additional comfort over the reference letter. That's a good alternative to payslips. Some people also attach IT returns in case they do not have copies of appraisal letters or pay stubs.

In addition you are a PnP applicant, VO knows a different pair of eyes has already reviewed all your documents at the province level.

Like I said it differs from case to case, none of us on the forum here wish to delay the process, nor do any of us wish to add on to the document list.
Over time it is seen ADR is raised to provide supporting documents, thus all members and people making Vlogs suggest to make a crisp file with supporting documents and upload everything together in one go.
Well my appraisal letters were not part of additional documents as each of my promotion letters had different position held in the organization specifying the roles and responsibilities with hike in annual compensation.

As IFSS requires to indicate all positions held while employed, it was never an ADR.

As per your last paragraph, luck does matter a lot. A lot more than hard work. In this immigration process, I've understood that it's luck which has played a big role than my hard work. Nothing was in my hands. It was in their hands. Now when I see people waiting for more than 6 months, my heart sinks but proves that luck is important.

Anyways, good luck to you. Hope you get your PR at the earliest knock on the door.

Reactions: mona247

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Well my appraisal letters were not part of additional documents as each of my promotion letters had different position held in the organization specifying the roles and responsibilities with hike in annual compensation.

As IFSS requires to indicate all positions held while employed, it was never an ADR.

As per your last paragraph, luck does matter a lot. A lot more than hard work. In this immigration process, I've understood that it's luck which has played a big role than my hard work. Nothing was in my hands. It was in their hands. Now when I see people waiting for more than 6 months, my heart sinks but proves that luck is important.

Anyways, good luck to you. Hope you get your PR at the earliest knock on the door.
Indeed your very lucky, as an appraisal letter/promotion letter in most of global companies or large companies generally gives details of new position title and salary. Very rare chances it spells out the entire roles and responsibilities.

In your case I feel its the clear simple documents verus luck that has worked. Unfortunately not everyone has these kinda documents thus they have to add supporting documents.

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Indeed your very lucky, as an appraisal letter/promotion letter in most of global companies or large companies generally gives details of new position title and salary. Very rare chances it spells out the entire roles and responsibilities.

In your case I feel its the clear simple documents verus luck that has worked. Unfortunately not everyone has these kinda documents thus they have to add supporting documents.
Yes ma'am I've been lucky and my time is here now. Prior to May, I was the unluckiest. Darn it, time is the biggest thing. When it's your good time, you become a king from a begger. I've seen it happening with me. Things changed overnight. Anyways, it's another story.

I'll pray that you all get your golden mail soon. Your time will come.

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
As someone who's been in the business of verifying documents, let me give my two cents. Additional documents attached to the file almost never create a delay (Unless they are excessive) We would always appreciate if a new customer to the bank gave all required documents at the beginning than us having to call them and request them to come over or send over the missing items. Yes there were times when instead of providing 1 ID proof people will submit a copy of 3 different ones but we would simply shred them if they weren't required and continue working. But in case where we found that a photograph on one of the IDs was smudged or faded we would be happy to have an alternative sitting right there.

Ofcourse, like I've mentioned in another post somewhere (on FB I think) Immigration is a big deal, and it's always good to support your case with as many documents as possible (as long as they are organized and you might even put a note on top of each pdf file explaining what it contains) The only reason a VO will be annoyed with additional documents is if you decided to print the script for Game of Thrones season 8 and attach it with your file. Other than that, a couple of additional documents that are not required are simply chucked into the shredder.
Yep, if all the PDF files are accompanied with a note specifying it, the officer's work gets easy and that's what I did in each of my PDF. It's easy for them to analyze and hence, it speeds up the process too.

Regarding your bank example thingy, my aadhaar card is a valid government address proof. Now additional documents to prove that this government id is right, I'll give voters card, drivers license, gas connection bill, electricity bill and all these additional docs are govt ids only to prove the first govt id. Does it makes sense?

The same way, employer has already specified in his company letter head about the annual compensation and to support that provide company issued salary slip and to prove salary getting credited, provide bank statement. Again, you're proving an authentic valid document with additional document.

Henceforth, cic's requirement for employer reference letter and no requirement of payslips suffices.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
One more thing will back date create an issue ?
if its a company where you dont work anymore, back date is not an issue. If it is your current company then reference letter should be of the current date when your filling the application.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Nothing adds value which is not in the checklist. It's all a myth of providing additional documents until asked for. Unnecessarily flooding them with extra docs only delays the process by making your file lengthier for them to go through. Just think about it.

I did a hardcore research on every aspect before filing and after receiving ITA, I was assured that I'm not gonna bomb them with extra docs. I was sure that I'll provide them what they've asked for. I've put myself in there shoes and thought about what exactly they are looking for.

CIC specifies each and everything very clearly. It's us, who are making mistakes, not them. If our application is getting delayed, we have done something wrong. Just because it's our, we will deny in committing a mistake.

BTW, my copr is on way. Given mine and family's passport to vfs.

Moreover, I didn't see or followed YouTube because CIC was clear enough on how to and what to do.
Yeah thats fine.But my friend ,this is not applicable for everybody.
Many companies never give straightforward letters as what cic expects.So to meet all the requirements ,additional documents to make some room for acceptance either in the form of salary slips or joining or promotion letter.

Adding additional documents do take time for them to assess ,but there is nothing called as irrelevant document.

And as you said that we should wait for them to ask for the document,those days have gone.

Now it is hard to get a adr for this.
They are not giving second chance to anyone.

So ,adding additional documents do help making the decision rather than giving them few.

This way all the add. Document helps prevent them from rejecting the application.

It worked for you ,thats good and I am glad ,but the situation is different for everyone else.