+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter help

CANDACEC

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Hi Everyone

so I have been working for a big bank for past 1 year through Procom consultancy group ltd I work as IT Support Analyst. I work as a contractor temporary employee there is no where mentioned in my contract that I am self employed. Pocom pays me semi monthly they deduct my cp/ei and taxes and they also provide me the pay stubs I submit my hours using flax track online time sheet my hours are fixed to 37.5 but i usually work OT some times for which i get paid at OT rate that is 1.5 as well I also get 4%vacation pay and all the statutory holidays but I don't get any medical benefits. when I requested for a experience letter bank was not willing to provide any kind of letter to me. My manager has forwarded my duties to procom and they has provide me the following letter on Procom's letter head.

To Whom it may concern,

Please accept this as confirmation that MR. XXXXX is currently on contract(temporary employee) with procom in the temporary capability of IT Support Analyst working onsite at Procom's client XXXXXXXXXXXX"name of bank "Calgary , Alberta.

MR. XXXXX is presently compensated at an hourly rate of $XX.XX and has been on contract with Procom since Aug 4,2014 and is expected to finish the existing contract on Dec 4 2015.

This letter confirms that MR. XXXXX is currently employed full time (37.5 hours pe week) from Aug 4,2014 in the position of IT Support Analyst.

The job duties of the IT Support Analyst at XXXXXXX" banks name " provided directly by XXXX"banks name" manager include:

should you require additional information please do not hesitate to contact xxxxx at 647-XXX-XXX or XXXXX@procom.ca directly.

Regards,
signature
National Account manager
procom Consultancy Group LTD.
Tel: 416-xxxx-xxxx
XXXXX@Procom.ca

will this experience be counted and will this letter work I know there are tons of people working through procom and other agencies. Please if some one has filed there documents for pr please share your views. I would also request seniors to put forward there thoughts.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
CANDACEC said:
so I have been working for a big bank for past 1 year through Procom consultancy group ltd I work as IT Support Analyst. I work as a contractor temporary employee there is no where mentioned in my contract that I am self employed. Pocom pays me semi monthly they deduct my cp/ei and taxes and they also provide me the pay stubs I submit my hours using flax track online time sheet

Please accept this as confirmation that MR. XXXXX is currently on contract(temporary employee) with procom in the temporary capability of IT Support Analyst working onsite at Procom's client XXXXXXXXXXXX"name of bank "Calgary , Alberta.
Not entirely sure what your question is, but if you are an employee, you are not self-employed. The letter indicates you are an employee. The letter contains all the relevant information, so it should count for Canadian experience.

CANDACEC

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Thanks for replay jes_ON

Well I am working as a temp employee with pay stubs and t4

my question was will this letter be good enough since bank is not wiling to issue me one and this letter is signed by National Account manager not by HR.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
CANDACEC said:
my question was will this letter be good enough since bank is not wiling to issue me one and this letter is signed by National Account manager not by HR.
You have a letter from your employer, that is what is required. The bank is your client, not your employer. Although I would usually say it is best in this situation to also get a letter from your client, they often refuse. The letter from your employer covers all the relevant details. I think it's OK.

As for who signs it - it is best signed by the person you report to, your direct manager/supervisor, not HR.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, just a quick question. In my case HR had to sign the letter which stated the name, title and professional designation of my direct line reporting manager of the person who I reported to. The thing is the manager left the company before my contract finished. I did not know how to get in touch with the manager and neither did HR.

I called up CIC, explained my situation and they said since I had made a good faith attempt and I was not lying it was OK.

I welcome comments/thoughts of others.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
Hi, just a quick question. In my case HR had to sign the letter which stated the name, title and professional designation of my direct line reporting manager of the person who I reported to. The thing is the manager left the company before my contract finished. I did not know how to get in touch with the manager and neither did HR.

I called up CIC, explained my situation and they said since I had made a good faith attempt and I was not lying it was OK.

I welcome comments/thoughts of others.
Perfectly legit to get the letter signed by your supervisor, HR or authorized signatory at your organization.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I should also say I got my line reporting manager to sign the letters of employment in my home country.

Asivad your guidance is greatly appreciated.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much Asivad. Greatfully relieved at your reply.