+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter from old employer which is now closed for OINP process.

Feb 26, 2023
Hello,
I am looking for urgent suggestion.
I received noi from oinp process and while arranging proof of experience letters from one of my previous employers, I am not able to get so.

This company is now closed down and will not have its letterhead.

From this company, I only have joining letter, a few payslips and thats it.

what can do in this?
I spoke to my ex-manager who is also working somewhere else now. He is ready to help me in some ways.

what can I do? Can someone please advise

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
The main thing you have is the paystubs and proof. So long as your letter is credible and you're not lying about anything, it will appear convincing. Bundle all the proof you can, show them your ex-manager's LinkedIn profile (and perhaps even any proof they have they worked with you at previous company) and send it all. Credibility is the most important thing.

Reactions: Kashisharora28
Feb 26, 2023
write a letter of explanation that the company no longer exists, and provide the letter from your old manager and your other docs.- it's not that uncommon.
You mean normal reference letter without letterhead? I am more worried about jobs and responsibilities part which will not be on company’s letterhead but I don’t know what else to do

Feb 26, 2023
The main thing you have is the paystubs and proof. So long as your letter is credible and you're not lying about anything, it will appear convincing. Bundle all the proof you can, show them your ex-manager's LinkedIn profile (and perhaps even any proof they have they worked with you at previous company) and send it all. Credibility is the most important thing.
Yeah I will try that. Thank you. Any idea if this is common to share reference letter without company’s letterhead

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
You realize that reference letters that contain a company's logo can totally be forged right??

Again what matters is your credibility, it is very hard to lie and get away with it in these things because if you didn't have a good idea of your roles and responsibilities, your letter would read like complete garbage. You have various components that add up to strong proof: letter from a former manager, pay stubs, contracts, hell send them samples of any of your work if you can.