Red river college, winnipeg or GIC , feel free to ask

Sparky_Dave

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This forum helped me a lot, now its a payback time ;D ;D
Guys if you need any help regarding red river college, winnipeg or GIC related problems, feel free to ask.

Nancy0001

Sep 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2013
LANDED..........
12/12/2013
Hii..
I m happy to know that its a gud college. I have also got admission in International Business For Jan 2014 intake in RRC. I will be coming to Winnipeg in december. But I am little bit confused regarding my orientation classes.
So can you plz tell me how did you came to know about the schedule of your orientation class ??
Also, I want to know about how much money in $ I need to bring with myself as I already have GIC.

Sparky_Dave

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nancy0001 said:
Hii..
I m happy to know that its a gud college. I have also got admission in International Business For Jan 2014 intake in RRC. I will be coming to Winnipeg in december. But I am little bit confused regarding my orientation classes.
So can you plz tell me how did you came to know about the schedule of your orientation class ??
Also, I want to know about how much money in $ I need to bring with myself as I already have GIC.
It should have mentioned in ur acceptance letter, if not u can login in ur rrc portal to track everything. You have to register urself first on campus, they will provide u everything book list, schedule for ur classes and important contact person. First week is orientation week they will inform u about the rules, do's and don't, campus tour, and will introduce u with the immigration and international student association. yaa, its fun to meet new people. My campus is Notre Dame Campus (NDC), which is the biggest and the coolest campus in all of them. Your must be Exchange District Campus (EDC) which is also good, but i don't know much about it.

Now about the money, it depends individual to individual. But i think 2500$ will be fine because scotiabank need 1 week to process ur GIC and transfer 2000$ in ur account. You r coming here in winters so u have to buy some warm jackets (indian jackets won't work here in -30 degree). Do not carry cash use travel card instead.

Nancy0001

Sep 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2013
LANDED..........
12/12/2013
Hey..
Thanx for your kind advice. Yes mine is Exchange District Campus. I have also checked my rrc portal but nothing is mentioned there regarding my orientation or other class schedule. So, I need to know whether I should register for orientation now through email or after reaching college ??
Thanx :D

Sparky_Dave

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nancy0001 said:
Hey..
Thanx for your kind advice. Yes mine is Exchange District Campus. I have also checked my rrc portal but nothing is mentioned there regarding my orientation or other class schedule. So, I need to know whether I should register for orientation now through email or after reaching college ??
Thanx :D
You have to register "On campus", after being here.
They will provide you the venue and timing few days before your classes, don't worry you have lots of time.
Charlene Tolentino will mail u with details.

theindiandude

Oct 4, 2013
I am a graduate engineer. My profile is as follows.
10- 75
12- 66 (PCM)
1 year drop after 12th.
B.E in CSE. Had 15 backlogs in all. Cleared it in 5.5 years instead of 4 (Dec 2011). Since then, I have been in a job as an instructional designer for the past 15 months. In IELTS, I secured 7.5 bands. Writing was 6. Rest all were 8, listening was 8.5.
Now, I have been advised to apply for under graduate diploma in business information technology by an agent. They say that the chances for visa would be high and the job prospects would be good too. Is it worth it. THey also told me tails abt ppl with post grad and work exp who have gotten into under grad courses. Would really appreciate your advise.

Sparky_Dave

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theindiandude said:
I am a graduate engineer. My profile is as follows.
10- 75
12- 66 (PCM)
1 year drop after 12th.
B.E in CSE. Had 15 backlogs in all. Cleared it in 5.5 years instead of 4 (Dec 2011). Since then, I have been in a job as an instructional designer for the past 15 months. In IELTS, I secured 7.5 bands. Writing was 6. Rest all were 8, listening was 8.5.
Now, I have been advised to apply for under graduate diploma in business information technology by an agent. They say that the chances for visa would be high and the job prospects would be good too. Is it worth it. THey also told me tails abt ppl with post grad and work exp who have gotten into under grad courses. Would really appreciate your advise.
why under graduate diploma... u should apply for post graduate diploma bcoz u r already a graduate.
chances of getting a visa will be more if u will apply PGD else they will reject ur visa application with "u r not a genuine student", "proposed study not clear" like comments.
In my opinion u should go with post graduate diploma or masters.

theindiandude

Oct 4, 2013
Sparky_Dave said:
why under graduate diploma... u should apply for post graduate diploma bcoz u r already a graduate.
chances of getting a visa will be more if u will apply PGD else they will reject ur visa application with "u r not a genuine student", "proposed study not clear" like comments.
In my opinion u should go with post graduate diploma or masters.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it. I just got acceptance from Fanshawe for Information Security Management PG diploma. THe thing is, the second agent told me that since not many people apply to colleges in Manitoba, visa acceptance is very high. And for places like Ontario and British Columbia, they are just looking for an excuse to reject visas. Is this a ploy of some kind from the agents or the truth? I am really confused.

Sparky_Dave

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theindiandude said:
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it. I just got acceptance from Fanshawe for Information Security Management PG diploma. THe thing is, the second agent told me that since not many people apply to colleges in Manitoba, visa acceptance is very high. And for places like Ontario and British Columbia, they are just looking for an excuse to reject visas. Is this a ploy of some kind from the agents or the truth? I am really confused.
Its not true, visa depends on ur profile not college or university.
Do u know, u can change ur course or college any time.
U can switch ur college in different province too.

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Can i get PG diploma in biotechnology at rrc?
I have done Btech in biotechnology..my Ielts score is 7 with 8 in R and L,5.5 in W,6 in S.
I am having offr letter from centennial college fir fast track program but i am not satisfied with it.

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
lovedeepsingh said:
Can i get PG diploma in biotechnology at rrc?
I have done Btech in biotechnology..my Ielts score is 7 with 8 in R and L,5.5 in W,6 in S.
I am having offr letter from centennial college fr fast track program but i am not satisfied with it.

Seats full for biotechnology for Jan intake in rrc

Nancy0001

Sep 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2013
LANDED..........
12/12/2013
Sparky_Dave said:
You have to register "On campus", after being here.
They will provide you the venue and timing few days before your classes, don't worry you have lots of time.
Charlene Tolentino will mail u with details.

Hey..
Thanx for your advice again. Its really very helpful for me. I need not to worry now. Feeling soooo happy

Harry22

Mar 17, 2013
Visa Office......
VFS CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2013
IELTS Request
7.0(L-9.0, S-6.5, R-6.5, W5.5)
Passport Req..
01-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
Nancy0001 said:
Hey..
Thanx for your advice again. Its really very helpful for me. I need not to worry now. Feeling soooo happy
Hello Nancy,

I am an international Business student. Here in RRC- Exchange District Campus. Don't worry about orientation these are just formalities.
Regarding funds $1000-1500 is enough. you will get first $2000 in your account within a week.

Let me know if you need any help regarding this program.
--
Cheers..

Nancy0001

Sep 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2013
LANDED..........
12/12/2013
Harry22 said:
Hello Nancy,

I am an international Business student. Here in RRC- Exchange District Campus. Don't worry about orientation these are just formalities.
Regarding funds $1000-1500 is enough. you will get first $2000 in your account within a week.

Let me know if you need any help regarding this program.
--
Cheers..

Helo Harry..

Thnx for your advice. I want to know about the studies there related to our course. Is thos course easy or little difficult. And ofcourse I may need your help in future regarding my assignments..
Thanks.

Harry22

Mar 17, 2013
Visa Office......
VFS CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2013
IELTS Request
7.0(L-9.0, S-6.5, R-6.5, W5.5)
Passport Req..
01-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
Hello Nancy,
This course is not that much easy but the positive point is that it comes with 2 semesters study and one semester Co-op. Each semester you will get around 7-8 courses. If you attend 80-90% classes, you can easily pass this course with good grades(GPA). Expect lot of Indian and Chinese students in your class. And you will need books in some courses, its mandatory. Regarding assignments- Ask me anytime i ll help you out.

Thanks
--
Harry