+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reconsideration Processing Time

anna111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Hi to all,

I just want to know who among here had their PR application refused and then applied for a reconsideration?

How many weeks or months to wait for the result?

Gladly appreciate your share.

ANNA111

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi,

You can not possibly give it a timeline! It all depends on what has gone wrong and what is the actual issue.

I did this, but they made a mistake in their calculation. Days counted towards my experience were off by 20. I did not ask for any reconsideration in the decision but rather I asked for a consideration of reopening my application and counting my days again. I just sent an email the exact day I got the refusal, and pointed out that there was a mistake in the calculation. The next day they sent me an email stating that I was right and they will look into it, the same night I got my MR.

But to be fair my VO was kind enough to reconsider the decision as well.

Sometimes they do not get back to you at all. Sometimes like in my case they get back to you in 24 hours. So it all depends on how legit is the error and what exactly is going on and top of it all the VO plays a fair role in this matter as well.

All I can say is that if you feel like they can be a reconsideration, just go for it, you have nothing to lose. And after you ask for a reconsideration, if they don't get back to you, you can always follow up on it through your local MP.

Best of luck,

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
anna111 said:
Hi to all,

I just want to know who among here had their PR application refused and then applied for a reconsideration?

ANNA111
In my case, it took 30 calender days to VO to re-open my case.
Thanks...

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
anna111 said:
Hi to all,

ANNA111
My application has been refused an year ago. I sent 5 emails asking for reconsideration. My emails were never answered. AFAIK they may reconsider refuse only if some mistake is done by VO. If the refuse is based on lack of information (as in my case - reference letter contains to little duties) than sending complementary reference letter with request for reconsideration wouldn't help to much probably.

dastanmo

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 05, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
pfse said:
If the refuse is based on lack of information (as in my case - reference letter contains to little duties)
Do you mind if I ask how many duties you had in your reference letter? Did the VO mention anything else that was not as expected in your reference letter?

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
dastanmo said:
Do you mind if I ask how many duties you had in your reference letter? Did the VO mention anything else that was not as expected in your reference letter?
My HR asked me what to write in reference letter, so I asked him to write dates, salary, tittle and my main duty in the company. Basically my reference letter was short and contained only one duty (which was the reason for refusal) - completely my mistake (I wish I knew about this forum before I applied).
But I think for application received by CIC after November 2013, VO should not refuse it right away if he/she has eligibility concern but first sent fairness letter (according to OB 554). Not sure if VOs always follow this OB.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob554.asp

dastanmo

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 05, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Thanks for sharing pfse :)

anna111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Hi to All,

I sent a letter to reconsider my application under CEC a few days after my consultant emailed me the refusal from Ottawa office. After 3 days they replied through email that they received it and that same office will initiate the reconsideration in the weeks ahead and that I will received correspondence from their office when a decision has been made. This email was August 1.

So from this reply that they will initiate or review, how many more weeks or months do I need to wait as it's past 3 months now?

Also, I already cut the services of my consultant and I myself took charge of my application process by submitting a form together with my reconsideration letter that's why I received this email from them else it will go directly to my ex immigration consultant.

I need your information and experience into this same matter...please.

Anna111

anna111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
rezafc said:
Hi,

You can not possibly give it a timeline! It all depends on what has gone wrong and what is the actual issue.

I did this, but they made a mistake in their calculation. Days counted towards my experience were off by 20. I did not ask for any reconsideration in the decision but rather I asked for a consideration of reopening my application and counting my days again. I just sent an email the exact day I got the refusal, and pointed out that there was a mistake in the calculation. The next day they sent me an email stating that I was right and they will look into it, the same night I got my MR.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and sharing your experience. I'm expecting a reply the soonest.
Sometimes they do not get back to you at all. Sometimes like in my case they get back to you in 24 hours. So it all depends on how legit is the error and what exactly is going on and top of it all the VO plays a fair role in this matter as well.

All I can say is that if you feel like they can be a reconsideration, just go for it, you have nothing to lose. And after you ask for a reconsideration, if they don't get back to you, you can always follow up on it through your local MP.

Best of luck,

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi,

Best of luck,
Any Application we need to fill and submit for reconsideration?