+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RECENT LANDING BY BUS EXPERIENCE FROM BUFFALO

Dr Temmy

Nov 6, 2010
I got my passport request on 11/1/11 i decided to go get my immigrant visa in person at the Canadian CONSULATE in Buffalo and do my landing process immediately.
I left Toronto via Megabus at 8.00am on the 18th and we got to the US border by 9.50am then bus was not very full we were about 9 people so we quickly cleared the US CUSTOMS and by 10.10am we were back on our way to the greyhound bus stop.
As soon as the bus stopped i got down and i walked to the Consulate which is about 10 minutes walk from the bus stop at the lobby of the building the security guard for the consulate asked to see my passport, gives me a visitors pass to paste on my coat and then directs me on how to get to the consulate on the 30th floor.
At the consulate i was asked if i had my cell phone so i had to leave it with another guard and he gave me a tag to claim it back. I told him my mission and he directed me to a booth i waited for about two mins and then i was seen by a lady who asked for my passport , the PRP letter , my passport photos, and my height and eye color.She then gave me a number and told me to wait for the visa.

I think i waited for about 40 to 50 mins then my number was called i was given an envelope i was told to look over the COPR to see if there were any errors on it then she gave me my passport and COPR then told me congratulations and that i had enough time to land but i should do it before the expiry date on the visa she was a very cheerful lady.
I took a bus to WALDEN GALLERIA to shop and they had the best deals ever,after that i left Buffalo at 6.30 pm i told the bus driver i was landing and he was so helpful he allowed me to get off the bus first it felt good i saw the Customs officer, gave him my passport, he asked me a few questions ie how long i had been in Canada ? what i was bringing into Canada? asked if i had any alcohol or cigarettes or fire arms and criminal conviction? He then took me inside to immigration where they really took their time to attend to me he asked for proof of funds i gave him my bank statements ,which he scrutinized he took my address, asked me for my occupation there was no need to fill any PR application forms ,no need for passport photos at the landing, he asked me for goods to follow i had none . It was quite detailed i think the agent was very meticulous he then welcomed me and congratulated me then told me my rights and information about applying for SIN card and also to expect my PR CARD in 6 weeks that i was also eligible for coverage under OHIP, also info on if i had to travel and things like that .
Today i went to the Service Canada and applied for a SIN quite straight forward got the number immediately i was told to expect the SIN card in three weeks.
I also went to register for a health card also easy breezy i was told it takes 3months for the health insurance to start and to expect my card then too.
So thats my landing experience i had the US Visa that influenced my decision to go get it in person it was pretty straight forward, get your documents in order and be time conscious
All the best

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow. amazing experience by bus.

can you tell what you showed for proof of funds??

did she accept bank statements.?? from which bank you have bank statements??

were you carrying some cash as well??

how much total you showed for proof of funds including bank statements and cash???

thanks

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
Dear Dr Temmy,

It very nice of you to share so detailed experience...Thankyou very much.

I was planning to travel from Seattle to Vancouver...that it is when I get my Canadaian Visa, my question is I am holding Australian Passport..with American Visa...do you think That will affect my entry?

and other question is same as my friend pittabread here ...did they ask you for funds...?

Thanks and Congrats

Manny

Dr Temmy

Nov 6, 2010
thanks
@pittabread
I gave him my bank statements from RBC bank
i had two different accounts , with different dates but he still accepted them
Both accounts had like 10,000 CAD combined
I had some cash too but he did not seem too particular about it he seemed satisfied with the bank statements

Dr Temmy

Nov 6, 2010
Dear Dr Temmy,

It very nice of you to share so detailed experience...Thankyou very much.

I was planning to travel from Seattle to Vancouver...that it is when I get my Canadaian Visa, my question is I am holding Australian Passport..with American Visa...do you think That will affect my entry?

and other question is same as my friend pittabread here ...did they ask you for funds...?

Thanks and Congrats

@Manny
Thanks if you have a valid American visa you are allowed entry into America
To enter Canada all you need is your Immigrant visa and COPR, no other visa on your passport matters,having a US VISA or any other visa will not affect your entry into Canada
The customs agent asked me for proof of funds and i gave him bank statements from RBC a Canadian bank.

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
Dr Temmy,

Nice to hear your landing experience and thanks for sharing with us. I wish you best of luck for your new future.

Thanks

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr Temmy said:
thanks
@ pittabread
I gave him my bank statements from RBC bank
i had two different accounts , with different dates but he still accepted them
Both accounts had like 10,000 CAD combined
I had some cash too but he did not seem too particular about it he seemed satisfied with the bank statements
hi temmy!

thanks for info. is RBC bank in usa as well or you opened in rbc bank canada before going to canada. how old were the statements

thx.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
What a beautiful experience that was!congrats

Ig

Dr Temmy

Nov 6, 2010
@ pittabread
The bank statements were from november and january from my account in RBC IN Toronto i have been a student here for 2 years

@karsatjaya
Thanks all the best to to you
@igbehin
Thank you very much your own too will soon come