+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received PR Visa(PNP) & COPR -Can i break journey at Toronto b4 flyin to Regina

ashwin_mathur

Nov 21, 2015
Hi Guys,

This is URGENT...I need suggestions...

We received our PR Visa and COPR and we are about to book our flights to Regina,SK. However, we would like to first fly into Toronto (Pearsons) and break our journey for a week and spend time with friends before we continue our onward journey to Regina. I have received a Provincial nomination (SINP PNP) from Saskatchewan and would ultimately have to settle there. I can show proof of my onward journey (flight tickets from Toronto to Regina and Hotel booking confirmation) to the Immigration Officer (IO) at Toronto airport.

Please advise if the IO would allow me to break my journey before continuing to Regina after a week? or would this land me into issues?

Thanks in advance.

-Ashwin.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You need to land in the province from where you got your PNP. You could be refused entry at any other location. I suggest don't take a chance.

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
While technically this is allowed if you could prove to the immigration officer that you would indeed move to Regina after a week, is really spending time with friends worth it at this point? Why not complete the procedure and settle in Regina first, then in the future plan a trip to Toronto if you wish to spend time with your friends?

ashwin_mathur

Nov 21, 2015
xpressentry said:
You need to land in the province from where you got your PNP. You could be refused entry at any other location. I suggest don't take a chance.
Thanks for your inputs....Well I spoke to a Settlement Officer (Pre-landing Orientation) and she informed me I would not face any issue with first landing in Toronto and continue our onward journey to Regina after a week. She mentioned that I would definitely need to show my onward flight tickets and hotel bookings to the IO at Toronto airport...

Any suggestions or inputs...

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
xpressentry said:
This is impossible, as not all international flights fly directly to all Canadian provinces, and landing procedures are always done at the port of entry/first city of landing. What the settlement officer had told OP is correct.

ashwin_mathur said:
Thanks for your inputs....Well I spoke to a Settlement Officer (Pre-landing Orientation) and she informed me I would not face any issue with first landing in Toronto and continue our onward journey to Regina after a week. She mentioned that I would definitely need to show my onward flight tickets and hotel bookings to the IO at Toronto airport...

Any suggestions or inputs...
What do you need any more suggestions or inputs for? You already got an answer from your pre-landing orientation and typed the solution right here. The settlement officer you met in person is a more credible source than a stranger on an Internet forum without first-hand landing experience.

Coolrings

Mar 27, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
28/10/16
AOR Received.
16/2/17
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
9/3/17
Med's Request
8/6/17
Med's Done....
15/6/17
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
ashwin_mathur said:
Hi Guys,

This is URGENT...I need suggestions...

We received our PR Visa and COPR and we are about to book our flights to Regina,SK. However, we would like to first fly into Toronto (Pearsons) and break our journey for a week and spend time with friends before we continue our onward journey to Regina. I have received a Provincial nomination (SINP PNP) from Saskatchewan and would ultimately have to settle there. I can show proof of my onward journey (flight tickets from Toronto to Regina and Hotel booking confirmation) to the Immigration Officer (IO) at Toronto airport.

Please advise if the IO would allow me to break my journey before continuing to Regina after a week? or would this land me into issues?

Thanks in advance.

-Ashwin.
hey can u help me,i had applied under SINP OID, i have got AOR2 from IVO. Earliest by when i can expect Medical Request?