+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received PPR/other Documents but no Decision Made yet. CONFUSED!!

DC042712

Jan 5, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Hello all,

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I received an e-mail from my visa office (Manila) today, let me share some excerpts from it:

"This refers to your application for a Canadian Visa. Please see attached letters and forms regarding additional requirements for the processing of your application. Kindly read and follow the instructions promptly.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at the Embassy of Canada in Manila on 22Jan2013.
At the end of this document is a request for additional documentation required within 45 days. Once you have complied with this request, if any additional information or documentation is required to assess your application, we will contact you or your designated representative. Please note that the documentation requested in this letter is required even if you receive a subsequent letter from our office asking for additional documentation.

IMPORTANT:
Additional Document/Information Requirements at This Time
In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information and/or documents:

• Fully Completed Appendix A (attached) for you and each of your family members, whether accompanying you to Canada or not. Passport details are not required for any family member who is not accompanying you to Canada. (Each person should complete his/her own form.)

• Completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) for yourself, bearing your signature and must be dated.

• Original Passport(s) for you and each family member who will accompany you to Canada

To ensure the timely processing of your application, the document(s) and information we have requested must be provided to us within forty-five (45) days of the date of this letter."

My questions are as follows:

- In the Appendix A itself, the instructions read, "Please complete the following information for YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS, whether accompanying or not. We do not need the passports nor passport numbers of non-accompanying family members." In the e-mail today, it says each person should complete his/her own form of the Appendix A.) So does that mean I need to have my parents and siblings each sign one??

- I understand that I have to fill out the IMM5406 form myself, as I am the one being sponsored, correct?

- And finally, they are asking for my original passport, but it seems that they still need more documents to process my application so then no decision has been made yet. What does the passport request mean?

Thank you in advance for helping me out!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Manila resquests the passport at the beginning of the process before they make up their mind, so it doesn't mean anything. It's different from VO to VO...

Sweden

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
DC042712 said:
Hello all,

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I received an e-mail from my visa office (Manila) today, let me share some excerpts from it:

"This refers to your application for a Canadian Visa. Please see attached letters and forms regarding additional requirements for the processing of your application. Kindly read and follow the instructions promptly.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at the Embassy of Canada in Manila on 22Jan2013.
At the end of this document is a request for additional documentation required within 45 days. Once you have complied with this request, if any additional information or documentation is required to assess your application, we will contact you or your designated representative. Please note that the documentation requested in this letter is required even if you receive a subsequent letter from our office asking for additional documentation.

IMPORTANT:
Additional Document/Information Requirements at This Time
In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information and/or documents:

• Fully Completed Appendix A (attached) for you and each of your family members, whether accompanying you to Canada or not. Passport details are not required for any family member who is not accompanying you to Canada. (Each person should complete his/her own form.)

• Completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) for yourself, bearing your signature and must be dated.

• Original Passport(s) for you and each family member who will accompany you to Canada

To ensure the timely processing of your application, the document(s) and information we have requested must be provided to us within forty-five (45) days of the date of this letter."

My questions are as follows:

- In the Appendix A itself, the instructions read, "Please complete the following information for YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS, whether accompanying or not. We do not need the passports nor passport numbers of non-accompanying family members." In the e-mail today, it says each person should complete his/her own form of the Appendix A.) So does that mean I need to have my parents and siblings each sign one??

- I understand that I have to fill out the IMM5406 form myself, as I am the one being sponsored, correct?

- And finally, they are asking for my original passport, but it seems that they still need more documents to process my application so then no decision has been made yet. What does the passport request mean?

Thank you in advance for helping me out!
Sweden...can I ask you a question please...Ive seen this "Appendix A" request a few times here around the Forum.. coming from CEM...and Im wondering what I'm missing...is this not just the check list or is there another Appendix A and what does it pertain to?
Thanks in advance!

nezya

May 16, 2010
JGM613 said:
Sweden...can I ask you a question please...Ive seen this "Appendix A" request a few times here around the Forum.. coming from CEM...and Im wondering what I'm missing...is this not just the check list or is there another Appendix A and what does it pertain to?
Thanks in advance!
May i answer this, Appendix A is another form it is included in the e-mail request for PPR that you should fill up and send together with the passport and other additional documents.

DC042712

Jan 5, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Sweden said:
Manila resquests the passport at the beginning of the process before they make up their mind, so it doesn't mean anything. It's different from VO to VO...

Sweden
Thank you, Sweden!

Do you happen to know anything about my question re: Appendix A ? It's really confusing because they ask that each family members to fill out a form but in the form itself, the columns are labeled "Applicant", "Spouse/Common Law Partner", "Child 1-5" respectively. And then below those columns are the boxes where you're supposed to write the family name, given name, DOB, passport #, height, eye color, and marital status. It is my understanding that "family members" mean parents and siblings. Regardless of whether accompanying or not, there is nothing on the Appendix A that suggests where they will write on.

Please enlighten me! =(

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
nezya said:
May i answer this, Appendix A is another form it is included in the e-mail request for PPR that you should fill up and send together with the passport and other additional documents.
Alright thanks nezya !~

Conrad15

Apr 10, 2014
Hi There,

Congratulations on your approved application. However I really need your help regarding the appendix A family information. I got the same requirement from CEM and been stuck on it. It says that they have attached the file but when I look at the email there is no attachment whatsoever about the appendix A. My question is do you have this form attached to your email when they sent it to you? Can you tell me what application should I send them.

I hope you can see this. THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Apparently appendix a is another form only used by manila. If you do not have the required attachment then reply to the email you received and inform them you did not receive the attachment. You only need lol in information pertaining to yourself and your dependents.