AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
I m just wondering whether, attaining a PNP and having a expired PGWP,make u eligible to work in Canada without a BOWP.(Example : U received ur PNP nomination letter on 30th May 2015, ur PGWP is going to expire on 15th June 2015)

I do know we are eligible to apply for a BOWP with ur PNP nomination letter,but what abt PNP and no BOWP?

In NL they are processing PNP applications based on a candidates WP expiry. A WP candidate has been issued a PNP nomination letter a month before his WP expiry,will this really help this candidate in any way without a BOWP? I believe BOWP takes a while to be issued

I would like my queries answered for both regular WP and PGWP holders. Is it a different process for these two permit holders?

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
Does anyone have an answer for this? :eek:

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dennia said:
Does anyone have an answer for this? :eek:
You cn apply for BOWP but you will be need to stop working if you did not receive it before it expire.
Then you can start working again once you receive it.

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
jemdill said:
You cn apply for BOWP but you will be need to stop working if you did not receive it before it expire.
Then you can start working again once you receive it.
I m not really sure about ur response. Obviously if u r not eligible to work, ur employer is going to look fr another employee (even if it is a short term like 3 months) and a PNP in NL for any stream is based on the candidate working full time, when they apply for PR (if they lose the job,then the nomination is dropped). This is real life a example : He received his PNP nomination letter from NL on June 2015, his PGWP is going to expire on July 2015.

I don't think any province is dumb enough to provide a candidate with a provincial nomination, if they know the candidate has very high chances of losing their job due to not receiving their BOWP in the right time.Think abt this !!

I feel there should be some kind of implied status for a provincial nominee to work until they get a BOWP. Not sure, any help will be appreciated.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dennia said:
I m not really sure about ur response. Obviously if u r not eligible to work, ur employer is going to look fr another employee (even if it is a short term like 3 months) and a PNP in NL for any stream is based on the candidate working full time, when they apply for PR (if they lose the job,then the nomination is dropped). This is real life a example : He received his PNP nomination letter from NL on June 2015, his PGWP is going to expire on July 2015.

I don't think any province is dumb enough to provide a candidate with a provincial nomination, if they know the candidate has very high chances of losing their job due to not receiving their BOWP in the right time.Think abt this !!

I feel there should be some kind of implied status for a provincial nominee to work until they get a BOWP. Not sure, any help will be appreciated.
Did you apply already?
Because my sis had the same issue and she got the work permit within 3 weeks. So I think you still have time to apply. apply asap and you will get it before it expire.

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
jemdill said:
Did you apply already?
Because my sis had the same issue and she got the work permit within 3 weeks. So I think you still have time to apply. apply asap and you will get it before it expire.
I m suprised. Most of the stuffs I have been reading in this forum says arnd few months of wait time.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dennia said:
I m suprised. Most of the stuffs I have been reading in this forum says arnd few months of wait time.
that may be her luck.. :) Or they might have noticed that her WP is expiring..
She got the PNP because of that reason. her VISA was going to expire and they processed it quickly.