+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received instructions for electronic citizenship certificate but no oath invite yet

pvivek5828

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
I have got the oath email already, it says it will be e-certificate. However, haven’t received email for instructions on how to download it.

Did you guys received that email from the office email or it was from e-certificate team.?

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
I have got the oath email already, it says it will be e-certificate. However, haven’t received email for instructions on how to download it.

Did you guys received that email from the office email or it was from e-certificate team.?
I got the download email from the registrar/cit team and the oath email from the office.

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Is everyone getting the e-certificate option or is IRCC choosing randomly?

My oath is on Aug 11th, no zoom link email, no e-certificate email received yet.

nxtrieu

Nov 12, 2022
My oath ceremony status still says 'Not Started', but all of us family members just received an email with instructions to download the electronic citizenship certificate.

Has anyone else been in this situation? All the case I have tracked get an oath status update before this email.

Thanks so much for your help.
Me too. Not sure when I will receive the oath letter

Vale0000

Aug 3, 2023
Did you get invitation to download citizenship certificate before? how many days before?
Is the ceremony in person or online?
I received the email today with the instructions to download the certificate. Waiting for the date of the ceremony.
I'm having a surgery outside Canada in 12 days, because the waiting times here are minimum one year. Crazyyyy!

nxtrieu

Nov 12, 2022
Did you get invitation to download citizenship certificate before? how many days before?
Is the ceremony in person or online?
I received the email today with the instructions to download the certificate. Waiting for the date of the ceremony.
I'm having a surgery outside Canada in 12 days, because the waiting times here are minimum one year. Crazyyyy!
Aug 2nd I got an invitation to download citizenship certificate.
Aug 3rd my tracker updated & it showed my citizenship is scheduled for Aug 23rd & no letter. Not sure about the ceremony in person or online.
You should have this soon

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
@tanzeel99 , @AAlli , @Americanwife94 - can you please confirm that you got the e-certificate email on a Saturday? around what time you got the email? Just that it is odd that you got the email on a weekend, hence want to confirm.

Thanks.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hello Everyone, I am waiting since 15 days now to download my citizenship certificate. Sent an email as well but no response. Is anyone in similar situation ?

• Sad
Reactions: krishere1982

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone, I am waiting since 15 days now to download my citizenship certificate. Sent an email as well but no response. Is anyone in similar situation ?
Did you happen to check this : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/e-certificate-not-available-still-11-days-after-oath-and-signed-oath-form.820722/ - this person waited 11 days (7 working days).

You are waiting for 15 working days or calendar days after sending the signed oath form?

Last edited:

harleen8627

Mar 11, 2024
Hi , I received the email with instruction to download the e certificate for me and my family on sat Mar 09 but no email yet for the oath ceremony. Do someone know what is the timeline for receiving the oath ceremony invitation now a days?

Ashee1225

Apr 29, 2024
For some reasons, I couldn't create an IRCC Portal account as it says the email or the invitation code do not match, or the invitation code has been used. I got the invitation code from the IRCC letter for receiving e-certificates but it doesn't let me submit it. Does anyone here had similar experience?