+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received email from london office today....

ahmedj83

Aug 20, 2008
hi all,

i need information on how to check whether my bank draft has been cashed or not by the receiver general for canada. i can see in the bank statement that i received for june the name of "receiver general for cana". my question, does this mean they already received my application and took the money ?

the below email i received today.

thankx

Thank you for your email.

Our office is currently receiving a very high volume of applications and we are taking measures to address this situation.

We endeavour to send applicants an acknowledgement of receipt within 12 weeks, however during this period it may take longer to acknowledge receipt of an application. We cannot confirm or deny the existence of an application in our records until this period has elapsed.

In addition to confirming whether or not your application has been delivered to our office, you may wish to contact the bank that issued your bank draft to see if the draft has been cashed by our office. If it has, please rest assured that your file has been received and you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt with your file number in due course.

Thank you for your cooperation and we regret any inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit
Immigration and Medical Services Division
High Commission of Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4AA, United Kingdom

Government of Canada

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ahmedj83 said:
hi all,

i need information on how to check whether my bank draft has been cashed or not by the receiver general for canada. i can see in the bank statement that i received for june the name of "receiver general for cana". my question, does this mean they already received my application and took the money ?

the below email i received today.

thankx

Thank you for your email.

Our office is currently receiving a very high volume of applications and we are taking measures to address this situation.

We endeavour to send applicants an acknowledgement of receipt within 12 weeks, however during this period it may take longer to acknowledge receipt of an application. We cannot confirm or deny the existence of an application in our records until this period has elapsed.

In addition to confirming whether or not your application has been delivered to our office, you may wish to contact the bank that issued your bank draft to see if the draft has been cashed by our office. If it has, please rest assured that your file has been received and you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt with your file number in due course.

Thank you for your cooperation and we regret any inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit
Immigration and Medical Services Division
High Commission of Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4AA, United Kingdom

Government of Canada
If they cashed the cheque, they have your application. You should always send the application by recorded delivery so if there are any questions you can prove that it was delivered and signed for.

PMM

ahmedj83

Aug 20, 2008
hi,

i have sent it by fedex and i do have copies of the signature and the name of the person who signed it.
but what confuses me is the cashing process, i got the bank draft from the bank on 11 may 2008 and on that date exactly its been deducted from my account, but i sent the bank deaft with the application on 20th of may 2008, now what is the indication that the "receiver general for canada" cashed that bank draft ?

thankx

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
hi

ahmedj83 said:
hi,

i have sent it by fedex and i do have copies of the signature and the name of the person who signed it.
but what confuses me is the cashing process, i got the bank draft from the bank on 11 may 2008 and on that date exactly its been deducted from my account, but i sent the bank deaft with the application on 20th of may 2008, now what is the indication that the "receiver general for canada" cashed that bank draft ?

thankx
no, it just shows the bank took the money out of your account that day, you should be able to trace the bank draft to see if it has been cashed through your bank.

PMM

mazhar_majhu

Jul 24, 2008
HI
I am also a skilled worker class applicant..............its the same with me.....i Applied in june but til now there is no AOR or say have no clue if my DD have been encashed ..coz when i made the DD the bank deducted the money from my account.now i want to know 2 things
1) did they recieve my application
2) if the encashed my DD.

now apart from this how do i contact the CIC office in canada via email............or is there a better way to contact (in refrence for their reply which is the fastet and prompt).....
Thanks in advance

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
By looks of the email from london office

1. It seems they are receiving alot of applications and acknowledging the applications is becoming heavy for them to cope with other things. So they are tryig to stream line things by you getting rest assured that they have your application. I would advise you to write to your bank asking them if the bank draft has been cashed by receiver general or if the money has been wired to their account. If not you have upto 6 months to claim the money.

2. Track with fedex to check if the parcel was delivered to the cic office, and know the person who signed for it on receiving it at cic. make sure its actually on hard copy as your form of proof as sometimes you caannot prove if its just done by phone coversation.

After that then you can relax.

Good luck.

Martha.

R K Mehta

May 5, 2007
Hello!

The only and the right course is for you to go to the bank and ask them whether the CIC have encashed the draft. Encashment of draft does not reflect in your bank statements.

Otherwise, wait for the communication from the High Commission. Have patience.

R K Mehta