+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received email from CIC - Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application

ppap1122

May 27, 2021
Today (27th May, 2021) I received an email from cic, where I was asked to create an online tracker account to track the status of my application. Which I did.

After creating the account, I noticed that online tracker is telling me to take an online test between 14th May and 3rd of June. There are no instruction provided on how to and where to schedule such a test.

I have never received an email or physical mail about the test date either. I have since checked my junk/spam folder as well with nothing to be found regarding this.

I tried calling immigration helpline and I was told due to high call volume they are unable to transfer me to an agent. I don't know who else to contact other than submitting a webform.

Does anyone have a similar situation and know what to do?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I would suggest you try login in to the testing portal and see if you can take the test:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html#start

If you can (do not start the test yet), I would suggest you study and take the test before June 3rd.

If you can't, then it might be a clerical error and you need to follow up and see if they probably missed sending you an email or if it's really just a mistake.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I would suggest you try login in to the testing portal and see if you can take the test:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html#start

If you can (do not start the test yet), I would suggest you study and take the test before June 3rd.

If you can't, then it might be a clerical error and you need to follow up and see if they probably missed sending you an email or if it's really just a mistake.
Yup. This is a good idea if one sees a notification of test dates in the dashboard but there's no email. It won't hurt to try and start the test to see if it works.

ppap1122

May 27, 2021
I was able to connect with an agent since then and he told me this was an error and he can see test was schedule and is canceled. He told me system won't allow me to take the test even if I tried for it.

I will receive another email regarding the test he goes.

hvm

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Today (27th May, 2021) I received an email from cic, where I was asked to create an online tracker account to track the status of my application. Which I did.

After creating the account, I noticed that online tracker is telling me to take an online test between 14th May and 3rd of June. There are no instruction provided on how to and where to schedule such a test.

I have never received an email or physical mail about the test date either. I have since checked my junk/spam folder as well with nothing to be found regarding this.

I tried calling immigration helpline and I was told due to high call volume they are unable to transfer me to an agent. I don't know who else to contact other than submitting a webform.

Does anyone have a similar situation and know what to do?

N’tec

Nov 5, 2020
Citizenship test retake what to expect?
Is it a brand new test or the questions u got wrong u need to redo?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Citizenship test retake what to expect?
Is it a brand new test or the questions u got wrong u need to redo?
You'll take the test orally over MS teams. The officer will show you a PowerPoint slide with the questions and you need to answer them orally. The same number of questions and the same time limit applies. It is very unlikely for you to get the same set of questions you got for your first test.

N’tec

Nov 5, 2020
I was told after my test that I would retake in 45 days. They also said I need to be in person
Are u saying I have to do a verbal test not a written

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I was told after my test that I would retake in 45 days. They also said I need to be in person
Are u saying I have to do a verbal test not a written
If your re-test happens online, then it'll be an oral test via MS-teams. If it happens in-person, then I'm not sure.