+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received 1 year post graduate work permit instead 3 years...

grk

Oct 22, 2014
I did 1 year MBA program with 60 credits, and university issued completion letter stating that, this program is equivalent to 2 years.

All my friends and all previous year students got 3 years work permit, through the same program and same number of credits. Most of them had one year education in Canada.

Moreover, I have also done additional 4 month semester (pre-mba) in another university. Not sure in total it count to 16 month education.

Not sure why CIC approved only 1 year for me.

Can someone please suggest me if I can request CIC again to consider my case for 3 years?

LuvDuggal

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8(R-7 L-8.5 W-6 S-7.5)
gkb8062 said:
only on one condition you will get 3 yr PGWP if your both back to back PG course of having 1 Year each (3 semester) not of 2 Semesters, because according to Canadian standard , full time 1 year study consist of 3 semester.

so 1 yr (3 semester ) + 1 yr (3 semester) will give you 3 yr PGWP.

but for instance if any of the course among back to back is 1 yr (2 semester) 90% chances are you will not get 3 yr PGWP.

rest depends on VO.

tc..

there is no difference between 2 Year Masters and 2 Years diploma course.. suppose someone has done 2 years Masters he/she will not gonna get special treat when comes to PGWP..

lots of factors to considered when issuing PGWP like.

1. Total credits earned in course,, does not matter its Masters/ 2 Year Diploma
2. total contact hours the applicants gained.. (VO will check this with official Transcripts provided by the college)
3. your final grades and attendance credentials

i am telling you all these from Canadian education standard point of view.

if you are interested for 2 one year back to back diplomas// certificate programs , cross check the following:

1. total no. of Semester in single year, if its 3 semester then no problem.
2. total Diploma/ certificate credits.
3. contact hours per week.

tc...
I came in JANUARY 2014 and took MASTERS IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY MANAGEMENT in Concordia University College of Alberta and my STUDY PERMIT is valid till April 2016 , now i have taken 12 courses and got 36 CREDITS. but there is an issue with research work so i am planning to take diploma instead of MASTERS that is an 18 credits course(out of 36) which will end in December 2014

Now i am taking Certificate/Credit course of 8 months of Network Technician in SAIT. that is a 33 Credit course which begins in (April 2015 - December 2015)

Total Credits 36 (Diploma + 18 extra) + 33 credits(Sait certificate) = 69 credits

5 semesters in total ( 3 in diploma and 2 in certificate)

Questions

1. What are the chances of getting 3 years post grad work permit?

2. Can i work full time in between two courses (jan 2015 - april 2015)?

3. Do i have to apply for new study permit when i take up a new course?

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grk said:
I did 1 year MBA program with 60 credits, and university issued completion letter stating that, this program is equivalent to 2 years.

All my friends and all previous year students got 3 years work permit, through the same program and same number of credits. Most of them had one year education in Canada.

Moreover, I have also done additional 4 month semester (pre-mba) in another university. Not sure in total it count to 16 month education.

Not sure why CIC approved only 1 year for me.

Can someone please suggest me if I can request CIC again to consider my case for 3 years?
Sorry to hear that. U can ask to CIC in directly. These days, Canada does not welcome international students at all. Even make us pay more and making money harder.... People who didnt apply a study permit yet, I suggest look for other country.... Canada is not a perfect one. I wish I can go to Austrlia for studying..... Too late to spend my money in Canada.....

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
So do you guys think that it is best for me to take the IELTS even if the school didn't need it since I've already been accepted? :)