NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
05-10-2017
Hi Guys,

My previous employer in Dubai refused to give me reference letter with job description and salary. They told me that they will only give me standard letter stating dates of employment and designation printed on their letter head.

Will this be a problem?

Thanks.

usijan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hi Guys,

My previous employer in Dubai refused to give me reference letter with job description and salary. They told me that they will only give me standard letter stating dates of employment and designation printed on their letter head.

Will this be a problem?

Thanks.
Hi,

At least get hold of what the employer is providing, the best way out is to have the reference letter with all the necessary required details from the employer (request them), but if the employer is not willing to provide then you have to arrange other supporting documents to back your case such as employment contract, salary increment/promotion/service letter. One of the main things is to elaborate that your roles and responsibilities match with your NOC. If you can get this sorted out somehow you can try your luck! Senior members here can guide you further! but this could happen, the employers may not provide all the required details in the reference letter, no need to loose hope!

Reactions: denyl182002

denyl182002

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
05-10-2017
Hi,

At least get hold of what the employer is providing, the best way out is to have the reference letter with all the necessary required details from the employer (request them), but if the employer is not willing to provide then you have to arrange other supporting documents to back your case such as employment contract, salary increment/promotion/service letter. One of the main things is to elaborate that your roles and responsibilities match with your NOC. If you can get this sorted out somehow you can try your luck! Senior members here can guide you further! but this could happen, the employers may not provide all the required details in the reference letter, no need to loose hope!
Thanks Usijan for your reply. I do not have anything aside from the standard letter that they have given me before I left Dubai in 2012 :(

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Thanks Usijan for your reply. I do not have anything aside from the standard letter that they have given me before I left Dubai in 2012 :(
Sent an email to your Dubai Employer requesting for the Reference Letter and have the conversation saved as a PDF, so that the CIC will know at-least you tried to gather the Reference Letter from them. You do not have payslips from your Dubai Employer??

bjar

Aug 6, 2017
Cebu, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-09-2017
IELTS Request
25-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-08-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
Hi. I am currently self-employed. I resigned from my job (noc 2253) a year ago. I entered into the pool on july and received ita last august. Will my self employment cause a rejecti0n? I work for my father who owns a small business in construction. Please help. Thanks.

denyl182002

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
05-10-2017
Sent an email to your Dubai Employer requesting for the Reference Letter and have the conversation saved as a PDF, so that the CIC will know at-least you tried to gather the Reference Letter from them. You do not have payslips from your Dubai Employer??
No, I did not keep them (stupid me). I worked at that construction company between 2006-2008. I asked the HR if I can get a copy of my payslip and told me that they don't have it anymore.

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
6. PCC was issued on a date before the applicant’s departure date from the Country.
For example, Mr. X is a smart cookie. Resided in Germany for 9 months and left Germany on 30th October 2015. Being smart he thought to apply for the Police Clearance Certificate from Germany and received it on 28th October while departure is after 2 days !! Applied for PR in Canada and uploaded the PCC issued on 28th October, while he left Germany on 30th October while filling travel history. His smartness has not paid him and he got rejected for the reason above! Don’t try this (at home), Readers discretion advised! :eek:

Reg this point, I am a resident of USA. Currently in India on vacation from July 2017. I have received my Indian PCC on August 2017 and I am planning to submit my PR application in Sep 2017.
When submitting the PR application I will still be in India as I am planning to return only in Dec 2017.
Do you think there is any chance of rejection due to Indian PCC here?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
6. PCC was issued on a date before the applicant’s departure date from the Country.
For example, Mr. X is a smart cookie. Resided in Germany for 9 months and left Germany on 30th October 2015. Being smart he thought to apply for the Police Clearance Certificate from Germany and received it on 28th October while departure is after 2 days !! Applied for PR in Canada and uploaded the PCC issued on 28th October, while he left Germany on 30th October while filling travel history. His smartness has not paid him and he got rejected for the reason above! Don’t try this (at home), Readers discretion advised! :eek:

Reg this point, I am a resident of USA. Currently in India on vacation from July 2017. I have received my Indian PCC on August 2017 and I am planning to submit my PR application in Sep 2017.
When submitting the PR application I will still be in India as I am planning to return only in Dec 2017.
Do you think there is any chance of rejection due to Indian PCC here?
In this case India would be your country of residence. For country of residence, PCC must be less than six months old. So this PCC should be fine. But fbi PCC must have been issued after US departure date.

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
In this case India would be your country of residence. For country of residence, PCC must be less than six months old. So this PCC should be fine. But fbi PCC must have been issued after US departure date.
My FBI PCC is issued after I departed US.
But in Personal details , I am mentioning US address as mailing address, because i am a resident of US , but I am on long vacation to my home country India.

Pls advice if this is ok , or should I write and LOE explaining that I am a resident of US who is on vacation to India and will return only after few months?

Rise and shine

Apr 9, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-12-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Med's Done....
09-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2018
Anyone heard about refusal because husband and wife has worked different addresses in the Passports?
TIA

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi Guys,

Will this be a problem?

Thanks.
You can get a letter from your ex coworker or supervisor working there on a plain paper with roles and responsibilities, have him notarize it. Submit their id card along with the letter. Also submit the service letter provided by the company

Reactions: denyl182002

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
My FBI PCC is issued after I departed US.
But in Personal details , I am mentioning US address as mailing address, because i am a resident of US , but I am on long vacation to my home country India.

Pls advice if this is ok , or should I write and LOE explaining that I am a resident of US who is on vacation to India and will return only after few months?
If that's the case then this Indian PCC is not recommended. Consulates issue PCC in one day for people, so better to get one there. If you really want to keep US as residence, then you are better off submitting it after you move there only.

So this is how it works..

Country of residence - last 6 months
Other countries - after one has left the country.

denyl182002

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
05-10-2017
You can get a letter from your ex coworker or supervisor working there on a plain paper with roles and responsibilities, have him notarize it. Submit their id card along with the letter. Also submit the service letter provided by the company
Thanks Deepcur. I appreciate your reply :)

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
If that's the case then this Indian PCC is not recommended. Consulates issue PCC in one day for people, so better to get one there. If you really want to keep US as residence, then you are better off submitting it after you move there only.

So this is how it works..

Country of residence - last 6 months
Other countries - after one has left the country.
Thanks for your reply ,but , I cant come come back to US until December:( , Following are the rules given:
  • are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
So a rule is not given if you are still living in the country that is not your country of residence. Is there a way I can contact CIC and submit a query reg this?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Thanks for your reply ,but , I cant come come back to US until December:( , Following are the rules given:
  • are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
So a rule is not given if you are still living in the country that is not your country of residence. Is there a way I can contact CIC and submit a query reg this?
As per CIC country of residence is a place where you are legally present at the time of submitting the application. You can forget other tax or legal definitions for residence.

You could call them and ask, but it is very likely that they will ask you to submit the application with India as country as residence. You could do that as well. Once you get PPR, and if you happen to have moved to US at that time, you can simply send an email to CIC asking them change your country of residence to US. They will send you a different set of instructions to submit passports from US. Plenty of people have been in such a scenario and have done that. If you are still happen to be in India during PPR, you can submit your passports in India itself. You could travel once you get back your passport.

Is your employer still US based and do you get paid in USD for these 4 months?