+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for high CRS score but still in pool.

Shreyanshjain

May 19, 2017
Hi all,

I have a question about how the Profiles are invited in the NO PROGRAM SPECIFIED(Express entry) category over the score of 500+ what reasons are there for them to stay in the pool given that the scores have fallen below the 500 mark as per the latest draw.

Trying to understand the logic as they are hindering the probability calculation for the upcoming draws for quite a few individuals who aspire to be in Canada in the near future.

Any responses with probable solutions would be highly helpful.

TIA.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
What do you mean? All applicants above 496 got invited. Are you referring to the pool breakdown which shows 937 applicants in 501-600 bracket and 762 in 601+ bracket? This is how the applications were distributed in the pool on the 24th - shortly before the draw. So after the draw there are approximately 3,200 applicants left in the 491-500 bracket and zero above this bracket. Of course new applications will join the pool before the next draw.

Shreyanshjain

May 19, 2017
Hi @AndyUK appreciate your time to respond.

I have observed a difference in the numbers 501-600 bracket and in the 601+ bracket from the last draw as there is a steady increase and this number does not reduce over subsequent draws. Going by your logic that new users fill in all the time, the CRS score distribution of candidates in the Express Entry pool as of October 24, 2022, is taken as the cutoff. in 2-3 days you don't get these many new candidates.

My question is pretty simple if ppl at 496 have got an invite, why are these ppl still in the pool regardless of high scores? Is there something that I am not understanding, if you could please enlighten me, would love to gather some knowledge.

P.s My CRS score is at 487 and I wanted to calculate the probability for calculation basis of these numbers and variables of +500 in score/draw.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Not sure if I understand your question or if you understood my reply :)

The numbers shown in the link below is the distribution in the pool prior to the draw. So all 501+ profiles (around 1700 in total) were created between the last draw (12th October) and this week.
I'm not entirely sure how many profiles were added in 481-490 and 491-500 brackets but I think it was a couple of hundred. So in total around 2500 new profiles above 480 are added every 2 weeks.
It should take 2 or 3 draws to get to 487 if the trend continues. A lot can change of course but it's a pretty reasonable speculation.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

I have a question about how the Profiles are invited in the NO PROGRAM SPECIFIED(Express entry) category over the score of 500+ what reasons are there for them to stay in the pool given that the scores have fallen below the 500 mark as per the latest draw.

Trying to understand the logic as they are hindering the probability calculation for the upcoming draws for quite a few individuals who aspire to be in Canada in the near future.

Any responses with probable solutions would be highly helpful.

TIA.
These profiles are new to the pool since the last draw or their points only recently increased since the last draw. They are not staying in the pool between draws with +500 points.