+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplying for Visitor Visa after refusal

Stplat

Sep 24, 2024
Hi,

I am writing this as a colleague of mine has had her visitor refused already and would like to reapply.

The reason for refusal was: “The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application”.

A bit of context, we are both EMBA students in France and we will be participating in a specialization Module in Toronto, at Rotman School of Management, for 1 week in February. The accommodation for all participants have been booked and we have invitation letters from both our schools in Paris & Toronto.

My colleague is Chinese, but currently lives in Dubai. She has a very good job (Commercial Director for EMEA) and earns more than 20K€ a month and she has real estate in both the UAE & China, she travels to more than 15 countries a year for her job.

I do not see a reason why the immigration agent would think she would want to stay in Canada, after completing her course in February – I mean she paid over 100K€ for the EMBA, you’d want at least to finish it prior to immigrate? Or is there another factor aside immigration in this reason for refusal?

Elements that I think might not play in her favor: she is single, her salary is paid in China despite living in Dubai, her previous submission did not have the invitation letter from the Rotman School in Toronto, she has not specified that not attending meant she could not graduate from the EMBA (which I doubt is helpful at all), she did not attach a NOC letter and her Cover letter might have been light.

In any case I was wondering, if someone would have any insight, as to what she should provide else, in order to increase here chances of having her visitor visa request accepted.

Thanking you all in advance,

Cheers

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I am writing this as a colleague of mine has had her visitor refused already and would like to reapply.

The reason for refusal was: “The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application”.

A bit of context, we are both EMBA students in France and we will be participating in a specialization Module in Toronto, at Rotman School of Management, for 1 week in February. The accommodation for all participants have been booked and we have invitation letters from both our schools in Paris & Toronto.

My colleague is Chinese, but currently lives in Dubai. She has a very good job (Commercial Director for EMEA) and earns more than 20K€ a month and she has real estate in both the UAE & China, she travels to more than 15 countries a year for her job.

I do not see a reason why the immigration agent would think she would want to stay in Canada, after completing her course in February – I mean she paid over 100K€ for the EMBA, you’d want at least to finish it prior to immigrate? Or is there another factor aside immigration in this reason for refusal?

Elements that I think might not play in her favor: she is single, her salary is paid in China despite living in Dubai, her previous submission did not have the invitation letter from the Rotman School in Toronto, she has not specified that not attending meant she could not graduate from the EMBA (which I doubt is helpful at all), she did not attach a NOC letter and her Cover letter might have been light.

In any case I was wondering, if someone would have any insight, as to what she should provide else, in order to increase here chances of having her visitor visa request accepted.

Thanking you all in advance,

Cheers
Order GCMS notes to find out specific reasons. For IRCC the biggest flags are that she doesn’t live in home country and is not a permanent resident of UAE. When does her UAE permit expire? IRCC likes for strong ties to home country and property isn’t enough. If she didn’t include invitation letter from school than that could be a big reason for refusal too.

Reactions: Stplat

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In addition she needs to provide much more detail about residency status and EMBA in France as well as more documentation about module & accommodation from Rotman. Would even include a detailed schedule along with letter.

Reactions: Stplat

Stplat

Sep 24, 2024
First of all, a big thank you for your advices!

@Naturgrl : My friend just ordered the GCMS – so she’ll have the specific reasons, as you advised. Regarding her UAE it is true that her document was about to expire in November, but her company reapplied for one last week, which she should get very soon, I have advised her to use that one. For the ties to the home country it’ll be difficult, as her job responsibilities entail that she spends more than 80% of the year in different countries…

@canuck78: I will advise her to do as you stated on residency status and for the EMBA I have told her to add payment proof and Schedule plan for the whole 2025 year. I have also told her to add the module documentation & detailed schedule

From what I can tell she’ll have loads of new documents to add to her application ^^

And again thank you both for your great advices :)!

Reactions: canuck78