+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

reapplication for wp,after wp was refused few mos ago.need advice badly!!!

chickenwings

Nov 6, 2010
i really badly need advice..i am temp worker who worked in canada for two years,there was a problem with my paper so i have to leave canada and immmigration advised me to go back to my point of origin which is the Philippines,to apply for a WP.I came home with my LMO,JoB contract and a
letter from my employer that they really need me back.Heres the catch.my original wp is for housekeeping then the management promoted me to
frontdesk position at the same company,since then i worked as front desk until my wp expired.When i came home,i applied immedietely for a wp
after a month,result came back:Refused for the reason that i have worked in job not stated in my original wp..I was so devastated because my
employer is expecting me to come back immedietely.
What i dont understand is how come they refused it for that reason?I did have a new LMO,this time for front desk,i did have a contract for FD position.
and yet,i was refused.
According to the letter i can appeal,meaning i can apply again.the refusal letter came last Oct 20.Now im planning to reapply again because the LMO
is about to expire(LMO expiry is on feb 15),my employer has a letter,stating im badly needed. and my employer is expecting me to go back before the LMO expires.

My question is:Do you think its gonna be good idea to reapply again?considering the fact that the LMO is expiring soon?
Shall i take chance? your responses ASAP will be highly appreciated...thank you very much...God bless!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

chickenwings said:
i really badly need advice..i am temp worker who worked in canada for two years,there was a problem with my paper so i have to leave canada and immmigration advised me to go back to my point of origin which is the Philippines,to apply for a WP.I came home with my LMO,JoB contract and a
letter from my employer that they really need me back.Heres the catch.my original wp is for housekeeping then the management promoted me to
frontdesk position at the same company,since then i worked as front desk until my wp expired.When i came home,i applied immedietely for a wp
after a month,result came back:Refused for the reason that i have worked in job not stated in my original wp..I was so devastated because my
employer is expecting me to come back immedietely.
What i dont understand is how come they refused it for that reason?I did have a new LMO,this time for front desk,i did have a contract for FD position.
and yet,i was refused.
According to the letter i can appeal,meaning i can apply again.the refusal letter came last Oct 20.Now im planning to reapply again because the LMO
is about to expire(LMO expiry is on feb 15),my employer has a letter,stating im badly needed. and my employer is expecting me to go back before the LMO expires.

My question is:Do you think its gonna be good idea to reapply again?considering the fact that the LMO is expiring soon?
Shall i take chance? your responses ASAP will be highly appreciated...thank you very much...God bless!
1. You were issued a LMO and work permit for one job. You worked at another position without permission.
2. So because of that you are barred from applying for a new work permit until 6 months have passed after leaving Canada.
3. So unless 6 months have expired, you will get another refusal.

chickenwings

Nov 6, 2010
thank u for your reply :D..?when
they transferred me to the front desk postion..both parties didnt know,that theres gonna be a problem with
that,since it was still under one company.it was assumed that when the old wp which is housekeeping expired,and
if we are going to reapply under new job description(FD) for a work permit.it will be just a breeze.I guess it didnt
work that way.now Im stuck here in my country.finances depleting fast..arghh!
So you are saying that it has to be 6 mos?before another reaaplication.More or less by march.which means the lmo
has expired already..bhuhuhu...pity me..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

chickenwings said:
they transferred me to the front desk postion..both parties didnt know,that theres gonna be a problem with
that,since it was still under one company.it was assumed that when the old wp which is housekeeping expired,and
if we are going to reapply under new job description(FD) for a work permit.it will be just a breeze.I guess it didnt
So you are saying that it has to be 6 mos?before another reaaplication.More or less by march.which means the lmo

1. Obviously you nor your employer didn't read the work permit, which specified the position that you had to work in. I would think that the employer knew, but didn't care.

chickenwings

Nov 6, 2010
hi PMM..thank you for taking time to answer my queeries,i do appreciate it.I know, i guess it wasnt stupidity but an honest
mistake in my employers part,they are sorry about it but damage has been done.Im left jobless and peniless.As for my
part who would know that thats gonna be the case?I was just but an employee.I thought as long as its gonna be on one company

its gonna be alright..But well,what is done is done.I feel so down these days,who wouldnt be..dreams dashed..bills to be paid

no job to come back to.But well..no use crying over spilt milk..gotta find a way to fix the mess,there is always a way right?.which leads me to another question,hope you would

help me again or anybody reading this.If in any way they(former employer)would apply again for another LMO,do u think the refusal
letter from the former would have bearing on the latter?would it affect it?
_Is there cases of approved Work permit in their place of origin but when they arrived in VaNcouver border,immigration official would
refuse it?
-If Im going to wait for at least six mos since the refusal letter came and reaaply again,would i stand a chance?

Thank you again.and God bless..

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
chickenwings said:
Kabayan I just got my LMO and I noticed there is an expiration in it. In my understanding working permit should be applied before the the LMO expires. Is your LMO still valid after 6 months? BTW, maybe you can help me out. I will soon apply for working permit bringing with me my spouse and my 14 year old son who is a 10th grader to Canada as my dependents. How much will I pay for the application fees? LEON AND PMM please help. Thank you very much.

ariane97ph

Mar 1, 2011
@@@chickenwings.....

hello kabayan....it seems that we almost have the same case here....but my problem is i dont know where to send my application for work permit? can you help me pls....is it the same office wer i applied my visa or where?

regarding your case....there is a note or remarks doon sa letter from canadian embassy for your validation of work stating that you need to wait a couple of months or more from your country of origin before getting another work permit....maybe thats one reason also i guess

chickenwings

Nov 6, 2010
ariane97ph said:
@ @ @ chickenwings.....

hello kabayan....it seems that we almost have the same case here....but my problem is i dont know where to send my application for work permit? can you help me pls....is it the same office wer i applied my visa or where?

regarding your case....there is a note or remarks doon sa letter from canadian embassy for your validation of work stating that you need to wait a couple of months or more from your country of origin before getting another work permit....maybe thats one reason also i guess
are you in the Phillipines right now kabayan?

ariane97ph

Mar 1, 2011
@ chickenwings...

sad to say yes,
im still here sa bayang sinilangan..... waiting for my agent to help me out by applying a work permit and eventually TRV......if you want to contact me....my yahoo is ariane97ph...tanx ttyl