Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
First of all, thank you to everyone here!

Second, I need help! Just received the ready for visa email (inland applicant).

It says:

Send Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

Am i supposed to send either or? Both?

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One pre-paid return envelope for the return of your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents: DO NOT SELECT “Schedule a pickup”; DO NOT put IRCC Phone Number or email address

a. If your documents are being returned to a Canadian mailing address, please submit a Pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post or a pre-paid return envelope from any other courier service.

If you have a mailing address in Canada,please submit by mail in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA

Passports Submission

PO Box 9780

Ottawa ON

K1G 6T2

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

I'm wondering why don't they want me to fill out the address on the return envelope?

Thanks in advance!

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019

jcubillos

Feb 27, 2019
Hello TanuP,
I received the Ready for Visa email and I am also an inland applicant. What happen after you get back the passports? What are the next steps? It is not weird to send the passports if we are already in Canada? Thank you

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
You need to send passport if your passport is from a country that will normally require a Canada visa. If you are from a visa exempt country then you need to send a copy of your passport. After sending your documents then you will receive your COPR with which you will need to do your landing at POE or IRCC office in order for your PR card application to be activated. Best of luck.

Melika69

Feb 16, 2019
You need to send passport if your passport is from a country that will normally require a Canada visa. If you are from a visa exempt country then you need to send a copy of your passport. After sending your documents then you will receive your COPR with which you will need to do your landing at POE or IRCC office in order for your PR card application to be activated. Best of luck.
Thank you so much
I didn’t receive Permanent Residence form (IMM-5688) , should I have it for sending passport?

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Thank you so much
I didn’t receive Permanent Residence form (IMM-5688) , should I have it for sending passport?
The COPR and any necessary visa is what you will receive back after you submit what the instructions is asking from you.
Best

Melika69

Feb 16, 2019
The COPR and any necessary visa is what you will receive back after you submit what the instructions is asking from you.
Best
Thanks,
Since I’m from a country that require a canada visa, I have to send my passport to get visa, but they also mentioned that ‘if you need cisa you have to send the following documents with your passport to vac:’

- the passport request letter you received from IRCC;
- the visa application centre (VAC) fees (VACs charge service fees to send your passport to the
visa office);
- your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address; and
- the VAC consent forms (available on their Web site).’

My question is that :
I didn’t receive passport request letter,
Should I send this RFV letter instead of that? Is it same really?

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Thanks,
Since I’m from a country that require a canada visa, I have to send my passport to get visa, but they also mentioned that ‘if you need cisa you have to send the following documents with your passport to vac:’

- the passport request letter you received from IRCC;
- the visa application centre (VAC) fees (VACs charge service fees to send your passport to the
visa office);
- your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address; and
- the VAC consent forms (available on their Web site).’

My question is that :
I didn’t receive passport request letter,
Should I send this RFV letter instead of that? Is it same really?
Follow the instructions in the email. Sometimes applicant receives a letter and other times they receive a RFV email. They are both the same so if you did not receive any letter then the email (RFV) is the letter.

Mojojo

Apr 13, 2019
First of all, thank you to everyone here!

Second, I need help! Just received the ready for visa email (inland applicant).

It says:

Send Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

Am i supposed to send either or? Both?

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One pre-paid return envelope for the return of your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents: DO NOT SELECT “Schedule a pickup”; DO NOT put IRCC Phone Number or email address

a. If your documents are being returned to a Canadian mailing address, please submit a Pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post or a pre-paid return envelope from any other courier service.

If you have a mailing address in Canada,please submit by mail in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA

Passports Submission

PO Box 9780

Ottawa ON

K1G 6T2

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

I'm wondering why don't they want me to fill out the address on the return envelope?

Thanks in advance!
Broski!!!
Is this a passport request!
Im so confused, sent me same email!!! But there is no title like “passport request”.
Please respond!!!
Thanks Mate

ankur1502

May 3, 2019
Broski!!!
Is this a passport request!
Im so confused, sent me same email!!! But there is no title like “passport request”.
Please respond!!!
Thanks Mate
That is correct. I got the same email a while ago. It is undoubtedly confusing. Fortunately, I have some friends that had been in this situation and they helped. Long story short, you need to send them a passport in almost all the cases (there are some countries that are except from this; more details on cic website). Once you submit them the passport, the will affix a one time visa for you to go to Canada with the PR document (that you will get in the mail with the returned passport) to actually get the PR card.

I submitted my passport on 4/24 and am awaiting the return tracking to be activated.

Vivekagarw

Aug 11, 2019
That is correct. I got the same email a while ago. It is undoubtedly confusing. Fortunately, I have some friends that had been in this situation and they helped. Long story short, you need to send them a passport in almost all the cases (there are some countries that are except from this; more details on cic website). Once you submit them the passport, the will affix a one time visa for you to go to Canada with the PR document (that you will get in the mail with the returned passport) to actually get the PR card.

I submitted my passport on 4/24 and am awaiting the return tracking to be activated.

In similar situation, did you receive your passport back? How long it took to get it back? Is there any way to track apart from return label?