+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-Submitting returned application - need tips from Seniors please!!!

AbbyCanada

Jan 17, 2011
Hello All,

We (my husband and I) have just received our returned application with a few notes ,which are quite clear to us. We just need som help with a few points though. Your feedback would be appreciated :)

1. Regarding picking a visa office: do we get choose ? or does it dpeend on the country we are sending the aplication from?

2. When re-submitting and filling new forms, shall we also send the old filled forms or only the new filled forms, in addition to the sheet added by the CIO with notes?

3. Is 6.5 a good score for IELTS ? How many points do we get for that?

4. For proof of funds: we will send both our detailed bank statements for the past 6 months, but the current cash in our accuont does not reach a total of 9,000 Canadian dollars, is this a problem ? or do they only want to see that we have regular income and are able to support our selves ? I am not sure if we need to prove that we have 9K Canadaian dollars now or at the time we have to land ???
What do you recommend?

Thank you in advance for your support !!!

regards,
Abby

kathe

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
AOR Received.
17/02/2011
Med's Request
24/05/2011
Med's Done....
27/06/2011 RPRF Sent...:27/06/2011 RPRF Cashed...: 29/06/2011
Passport Req..
14/07/2011 Passport submitted...: 10/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
18/08/2011
LANDED..........
Soon
AbbyCanada said:
Hello All,

We (my husband and I) have just received our returned application with a few notes ,which are quite clear to us. We just need som help with a few points though. Your feedback would be appreciated :)

1. Regarding picking a visa office: do we get choose ? or does it dpeend on the country we are sending the aplication from?

2. When re-submitting and filling new forms, shall we also send the old filled forms or only the new filled forms, in addition to the sheet added by the CIO with notes?

4. For proof of funds: we will send both our detailed bank statements for the past 6 months, but the current cash in our accuont does not reach a total of 9,000 Canadian dollars, is this a problem ? or do they only want to see that we have regular income and are able to support our selves ? I am not sure if we need to prove that we have 9K Canadaian dollars now or at the time we have to land ???
What do you recommend?

regards,
Abby
Firstly, am not a senior! Just sharing the experience.
If you are a Post 26 June applicant,

1. The country currently you reside( means from where your application send to CIO)

2.You can reuse the old filled forms if these are still neat forms ,but if some additional info are required to fill( in accordance with CIO's replied checklist)it is better off using new forms for additional info+ additional forms what CIO requested to send( You should better scrutinize the letter and checklist that CIO sent together with your returned application as you have to follow their instructions)

3.IELTS 6.5. you can calculate your points at OP-6 :12.3 Knowledge of the official language section, go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

4.POF- for 2 persons- $ 13801, you have to show this amount of fund
(i)at the time of application
(ii)when/if your VO perfoms background check/POF check ( even though nobody know exactly when will it be),and
(iii) when you land

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Agreed with kathe. One more point regarding your IELTS. You need to calculate the score of the principle applicant which has to cross the current pass mark, which is set at 67. If at the current IELTS score, you cross the pass mark, then you are fine, otherwise you have to find ways to reach the pass mark. One of these ways is to redo IELTS.

Good luck

Mezo

kathe said:

1. The country currently you reside( means from where your application send to CIO)

2.You can reuse the old filled forms if these are still neat forms ,but if some additional info are required to fill( in accordance with CIO's replied checklist)it is better off using new forms for additional info+ additional forms what CIO requested to send( You should better scrutinize the letter and checklist that CIO sent together with your returned application as you have to follow their instructions)

3.IELTS 6.5. you can calculate your points at OP-6 :12.3 Knowledge of the official language section, go to this link

(ii)when/if your VO perfoms background check/POF check ( even though nobody know exactly when will it be),and
(iii) when you land

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
First of all let me give advise on 2 points.

(1) If you are refiling then download the updated forms & guideline first.
(2) POF- for 2 persons- $ 13837 Not $ 13801.

Advise you to go through website for POF .

Regards,
Mayank

kathe said:

(iii) when you land

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Great you catch this point mayank. Good observation.

mayankpandya said:
First of all let me give advise on 2 points.

(1) If you are refiling then download the updated forms & guideline first.
(2) POF- for 2 persons- $ 13837 Not $ 13801.

Advise you to go through website for POF .

Regards,
Mayank

mis

Mar 24, 2009
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2010 - CC Charged on 16 June 2010
Doc's Request.
17-06-2010
Nomination.....
17-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-06-2010
IELTS Request
05-08-2010 Band 7
File Transfer...
TO PARIS OFFICE 27-02-2013
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
2 June 2014
LANDED..........
17 Aug 2014
AbbyCanada said:
Hello All,

1. Regarding picking a visa office: do we get choose ? or does it dpeend on the country we are sending the aplication from? -

**Depends upon your resident country.

** check online if the forms are not changed send the old ones but make sure you sign them with new date.

** 6.5 is a decent score for points calculations send the breakup.

4. For proof of funds: we will send both our detailed bank statements for the past 6 months, but the current cash in our accuont does not reach a total of 9,000 Canadian dollars, is this a problem ? or do they only want to see that we have regular income and are able to support our selves ? I am not sure if we need to prove that we have 9K Canadian dollars now or at the time we have to land ???
What do you recommend?

** you have to send the statement showing minimum $13837, else they will reject.

regards,
Abby