+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RE: Inland Sponsorship

asiana

Jun 5, 2014
Submitted my inland application for spousal sponsorship last March 18,2014 in CPC-Missisauga, Ontario
i am wondering of when can i able to received file number of my application???? or will do they send me notice or i have to wait for years :( I inserted on it my open work permit application and how long will it be approved? i want to start a life here in Canada but have no working permit yet. Can i possibly submit another OPW application online? Any idea please....helpless and frustrated of waiting.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asiana said:
Submitted my inland application for spousal sponsorship last March 18,2014 in CPC-Missisauga, Ontario
i am wondering of when can i able to received file number of my application???? or will do they send me notice or i have to wait for years :( I inserted on it my open work permit application and how long will it be approved? i want to start a life here in Canada but have no working permit yet. Can i possibly submit another OPW application online? Any idea please....helpless and frustrated of waiting.
Your OWP will be processed after you have AIP (first stage approval, known as Approval In Principle). The current processing time for AIP is ~10 months, so that would mean you could have your OWP by January...maybe?!?!

Do NOT submit a second OWP (online or by mail).

asiana

Jun 5, 2014
PONGA, I thank you so much for your information and advice. What a long time to wait. Are they not going to give me any notice like sending a reference number for my application? What's the consequences if ever I had to apply working permit online then? sorry just curious, need your words about it.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should receive AOR (Acknowledgment Of Receipt) from CIC that will give you your file number and show the date that they received your application.

Prior to the change of location, from Vegreville to Mississauga, the AOR was taking ~ 30 days to receive. Now...some people are still waiting after several months. You could try calling CIC to see if they have a record of receiving your application.

You cannot submit a second OWP. Since you said that you have already sent one, you have to wait...and wait...and then wait some more.

asiana

Jun 5, 2014
Thanks again PONGA I do appreciate your replies, I had tracked my application thru Canada Post online their record showed that somebody from CPC-MISSISAUGA office received my application on March 19,2014. Hoping to receive my AOR very soon???? or should I need to call for the CIC..

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That will basically be your AOR date, when (if) you do get an official AOR from CIC.