+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-entering Canada after Exclusion

vince smalls

Sep 29, 2016
I got deported from Canada nearly 3 years ago.

My passport was invalid, I hadn't noticed, and neither had the immigration officer when I entered. The US Immigration officers noticed though when I tried to go to NY, and sent me back to Canada, who sent me back home.

I did everything by the book, payed for my flight home, left Canada within the time frame that they set me, and the person in charge of my case assured me I would be able to return to Canada after my one year ban was up.

Thing is on the CIC website I read this :

If you were issued an Exclusion Order and 12 months have passed since you left Canada and you have a Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056B) showing the date you left Canada you do not need an ARC. You may return to Canada subject to normal examination at the port of entry.
I assume what I got was an exclusion order because I also got a one year ban from Canada.

My problem is that I do not have the Certificate of Departure, I don't know if I was issued one and missplaced it or if they plain didn't give one to me.

Would it be possible to have one re-issued, and if so which service should I contact ?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out here !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Follow this process to get a replacement certificate of departure:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

Note that the processing time for these requests is around six months.

lonilondi

Aug 28, 2024
I got deported from Canada nearly 3 years ago.

My passport was invalid, I hadn't noticed, and neither had the immigration officer when I entered. The US Immigration officers noticed though when I tried to go to NY, and sent me back to Canada, who sent me back home.

I did everything by the book, payed for my flight home, left Canada within the time frame that they set me, and the person in charge of my case assured me I would be able to return to Canada after my one year ban was up.

Thing is on the CIC website I read this :

If you were issued an Exclusion Order and 12 months have passed since you left Canada and you have a Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056B) showing the date you left Canada you do not need an ARC. You may return to Canada subject to normal examination at the port of entry.
I assume what I got was an exclusion order because I also got a one year ban from Canada.

My problem is that I do not have the Certificate of Departure, I don't know if I was issued one and missplaced it or if they plain didn't give one to me.

Would it be possible to have one re-issued, and if so which service should I contact ?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out here !

Hi! im in the same boat, i dint receive a certificate of departure. Did you end up needing it? how did you get it?