Nov. 25th
File Transfer...
Dec 9 2013
Med's Done....
July 2013
Interview........
Aug 21st 2014
Hey there,

Our case is defiantly complicated but I'll give a little background. My husband came to Canada in 2010 on a work visa, he took off and applied for refugee status. Got denied. At that time we got married, he was asked to leave (which he did) before we could apply inland. He went back to Grenada and we applied Outland which was eventually denied due to him having charges that are 14 years old (they do not make him inadmissible) but he did not pay the fines associated with them. They also did not think our marriage was genuine which is a joke, we share a child, we've flown there every 6 months- a year to visit. Over the last year and a half we decided to separate and move on with our lives. We now want to try again more so for the sake of his child who is almost 4. When we got the denial for his sponsorship they said we are not allowed to appeal the decision so that's not an option. Would we just re apply for spousal sponsorship? I know it's quite a messy situation.

Thanks for reading

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you can reapply.

Has he now paid the fines related to his charges that are 14 years old?

mizzdanish

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 17th 2013
AOR Received.
Nov. 25th
File Transfer...
Dec 9 2013
Med's Done....
July 2013
Interview........
Aug 21st 2014
Yes they are paid, I guess where I'm a bit concerned is our time apart. We did separate.

M

mikeymyke

Based on your old posts, your husband doesn't seem like a good guy at all, even if he's a great father. you've visited him 3 times, but he's got pics of his ex girlfriends on his phone, and he even gave you a black eye. He's been arrested for assault before, and he's even assaulted you, he's got some serious issues.

In one of your old posts, you've even debated whether you should bring him to Canada to give your daughter a father to be with, despite his problems, and I think you're asking the same question here. Honestly I wouldn't even bother. Don't you think it would be more detrimental to your daughter if she has her father, but her mother is constantly being physically or verbally abused, rather than being just you and her living harmoniously?

A child witnessing their parent being abused by another parent can be very traumatic, especially for someone her age. And no offense, but this guy is a loser given he likes to beat up women and is likely still cheating on you. Personally I don't know why you didn't divorce him after he struck you, that would've been a deal breaker for anyone. If you keep pandering to him, it would just empower him in his eyes, because you would appear to be a submissive and weak woman who can't stand up to herself, and always goes back to him.

Even if you did try to sponsor him, you would have a tough time given the previous refusal + failed refugee claim, and then on top of that, you would have to show proof of continuous communication and visits, cohabitation, pics, etc. Might be hard to do that if you guys are separated and not on good terms.

crazy D

Aug 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1-28-Sept-2016,AOR2-20-oct-2016
File Transfer...
SA 7-Oct-2016 (ECAS in process oct 15,'16)/BC in Progress-dec 2 '16, pre-arrival received-dec 16'16
Med's Done....
22th July 2016-upfront(passed)-nov 28
Interview........
Waived :)
Passport Req..
And DM - 12-jan-'17- mycic -closed/approved-18-jan-'17
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-17
LANDED..........
28-jan-17 :)
mikeymyke said:
Based on your old posts, your husband doesn't seem like a good guy at all, even if he's a great father. you've visited him 3 times, but he's got pics of his ex girlfriends on his phone, and he even gave you a black eye. He's been arrested for assault before, and he's even assaulted you, he's got some serious issues.

In one of your old posts, you've even debated whether you should bring him to Canada to give your daughter a father to be with, despite his problems, and I think you're asking the same question here. Honestly I wouldn't even bother. Don't you think it would be more detrimental to your daughter if she has her father, but her mother is constantly being physically or verbally abused, rather than being just you and her living harmoniously?

A child witnessing their parent being abused by another parent can be very traumatic, especially for someone her age. And no offense, but this guy is a loser given he likes to beat up women and is likely still cheating on you. Personally I don't know why you didn't divorce him after he struck you, that would've been a deal breaker for anyone. If you keep pandering to him, it would just empower him in his eyes, because you would appear to be a submissive and weak woman who can't stand up to herself, and always goes back to him.

Even if you did try to sponsor him, you would have a tough time given the previous refusal + failed refugee claim, and then on top of that, you would have to show proof of continuous communication and visits, cohabitation, pics, etc. Might be hard to do that if you guys are separated and not on good terms.

I totally agree. the whole process will not be easy in your case and the person you want to sponsor is not worthy at all. but if your think he changed to a better person. take the risk. gather strong evidence then.

mizzdanish

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 17th 2013
AOR Received.
Nov. 25th
File Transfer...
Dec 9 2013
Med's Done....
July 2013
Interview........
Aug 21st 2014
Yeah this process has certainly taken its toll. I did leave for all the examples given above. It was terrible. He's really made some positive changes though, I'd like to blame it on the "we were young" excuse but of course that isn't any excuse at all. One thing I can't say about him is that he's a terrible father, if it was just me involved I probably would have completely washed my hands but when you have a child it complicates things.