+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-apply for LMO??

sno_bum

Apr 3, 2009
My boyfriend is from England, and is currently on a one year working holiday visa. He's applied to extend his work permit, but his one year visa is technically expired. Immigration Canada told him he has until he hears back from them about his visa to stay in the country. His employer has recently applied for an LMO and it came back rejected, which means chances are his visa will be rejected also, but we haven't heard anything from immigration canada.

For the past year he has been working lanscaping and snow removal for the same company. He has been promoted to supervisor for the upcoming year which would catagorize him as a skilled worker (supervisory lanscaping and horticulture), his code is 8256.

I have a feeling my bf's employer didn't fill out LMO correctly, or ommitted some information, or didn't class his job title properly. Can we request a new LMO under the same employer? Or can LMO's only be requested once?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Service Canada has been cutting down on LMO's. They probably refused his LMO not because it was filled out wrong but because they believe that there are a bunch of unemployed people in Canada who are qualified to do his job. They are under no obligation to give him an LMO just because he's classified as a skilled worker.

You can ask the employer to find out why the LMO was denied if they did not tell him. He can try to apply for it again if he fixes whatever was wrong with it but if Service Canada doesn't believe that your bf's job is that special, then there is not much you can do. The employer could then try to get an AEO which is easier and your bf can use that to apply for PR through a PNP. If he qualifies as a federal skilled worker, he might be able to apply for PR under category 3.