+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Fingerprints... Again within a year?

Mar 21, 2015
So I got request from CIC to send in "new rcmp fingerprints criminal record check". The last ones I sent are only 6 months old.

Is this some kind of strategy to delay processing? Has anyone seen such scenario before i.e. requesting this check again while I already sent them within a year.

oh yeah I am April 2014 applicant if anyone is wondering :/

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
At this point its better to do the finger print check again , They need it and you have to give to them even if provided before . You can't deny it. Best of luck

canadaforu

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
17-09-2014
Med's Request
19-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Interview........
DM - 02/12/2015
Passport Req..
Visa exempt country
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2015 Received CoPR
LANDED..........
16-12-2015
That might me your final stage... For me also they requested the same in October 2015 after my first submission in March 2015. Once I submitted it again in nov, next step my application got approved.

Wish you the same to happen! Don't delay... Good luck...

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
canadaforu said:
That might me your final stage... For me also they requested the same in October 2015 after my first submission in March 2015. Once I submitted it again in nov, next step my application got approved.

Wish you the same to happen! Don't delay... Good luck...
Thanks Man,

It bring some hope for me as well, as they requested me also RCMP in January.

Any ways how much time they took it after you submitted the report to CIC ?

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt - Decision Made: 02/09/2016
cecpet said:
Thanks Man,

It bring some hope for me as well, as they requested me also RCMP in January.

Any ways how much time they took it after you submitted the report to CIC ?
Is RCMP the fingerprints? If so, we submitted fingerprints again on November 30th and are still waiting for background check to complete....I hope it doesn't take 8+ months like other people are saying.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
j.lynnbrant1987 said:
Is RCMP the fingerprints? If so, we submitted fingerprints again on November 30th and are still waiting for background check to complete....I hope it doesn't take 8+ months like other people are saying.
RCMP is "Royal Canadian Mounted Police". CIC asked for Criminal Record Check which can be provided my RCMP Headquarters in Ottawa. And that Criminal record check can be done on your fingerprints.
So where ever you are there must be some agencies who do finger prints and after that they directly send that fingerprints to RCMP electronically on which RCMP check your background (Criminal record if any) and then issued the report.
If there is any criminal activity in your background the report will delay to release it can be any number of days 3 to 120 or even more than that. But if there is no any criminal activity in your background then the report from RCMP will release oftenly in 3 days.

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
cecpet said:
RCMP is "Royal Canadian Mounted Police". CIC asked for Criminal Record Check which can be provided my RCMP Headquarters in Ottawa. And that Criminal record check can be done on your fingerprints.
So where ever you are there must be some agencies who do finger prints and after that they directly send that fingerprints to RCMP electronically on which RCMP check your background (Criminal record if any) and then issued the report.
If there is any criminal activity in your background the report will delay to release it can be any number of days 3 to 120 or even more than that. But if there is no any criminal activity in your background then the report from RCMP will release oftenly in 3 days.
They requested fingerprints for the 2nd time back in November 2015 and they say the background check is still in process. I know there is no criminal record or any issues with criminality or anything like that but I see in other threads that security check can take up to 8+ months to complete. Should I be expecting to wait much longer? We paid RPRF 2 weeks before the request for finger prints came in, and are from a visa exempt country so this is the last step for us before we can expect COPR in the mail.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
j.lynnbrant1987 said:
They requested fingerprints for the 2nd time back in November 2015 and they say the background check is still in process. I know there is no criminal record or any issues with criminality or anything like that but I see in other threads that security check can take up to 8+ months to complete. Should I be expecting to wait much longer? We paid RPRF 2 weeks before the request for finger prints came in, and are from a visa exempt country so this is the last step for us before we can expect COPR in the mail.
I would say depends on luck and on their system, one guy from June he got his COPR after 8 or 9 months from his medical and he is from EU country. System means when they run our name sometime our name is like other name who have criminal backgrounds so to double check they sent request for RCMP. And for the long wait after everything is clear I believe your file can be in queue. You should hear soon from CIC, wait one or two weeks more, if not again I will suggest you two things.
Check your address should be correct where CIC has to sent your COPR who knows if they already sent it. And if address is Ok you did not heard anything from CIC you should contact again your MP. If your MP is helpful they will definitely give your file final push, and you will get your COPR.

Dont worry your time is near, best of luck :)

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
cecpet said:
I would say depends on luck and on their system, one guy from June he got his COPR after 8 or 9 months from his medical and he is from EU country. System means when they run our name sometime our name is like other name who have criminal backgrounds so to double check they sent request for RCMP. And for the long wait after everything is clear I believe your file can be in queue. You should hear soon from CIC, wait one or two weeks more, if not again I will suggest you two things.
Check your address should be correct where CIC has to sent your COPR who knows if they already sent it. And if address is Ok you did not heard anything from CIC you should contact again your MP. If your MP is helpful they will definitely give your file final push, and you will get your COPR.

Dont worry your time is near, best of luck :)
Thank you, your optimism helps a lot! Our MP contacted them in December and they told him that the background check was in progress so hopefully you're right and it will be completed soon! He is from the UK so I can't imagine it being too extensive of a background check especially if there was nothing on his fingerprints. Fingers crossed!!