+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP fingerprinting

aspiringCPA

Feb 5, 2020
Hi everyone, I just got the request letter from IRCC for RCMP criminal record check. I checked on CIC website and here are the steps:

"You must provide:
  • a full electronic set of fingerprints taken by an accredited company or police services
  • valid identification and/or travel documentation (including a photo)
  • a complete application form
    • available on your local police website
  • the reason for your request (immigration)"

So my questions are:
1. How do we know which are accredited company? I tried searching on RCMP website but couldn't find a list.
2. Where can I find the application form? Is it this one here: http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/FormDetail?OpenForm&ENV=WWE&NO=026-LE219E
3. Do I fill out the application form above and give it to the fingerprinting company? After I finish taking fingerprinting at the company, do I need to do anything else?

Thank you all so much for your help!

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hi everyone, I just got the request letter from IRCC for RCMP criminal record check. I checked on CIC website and here are the steps:

"You must provide:
  • a full electronic set of fingerprints taken by an accredited company or police services

So my questions are:
1. How do we know which are accredited company? I tried searching on RCMP website but couldn't find a list.
2. Where can I find the application form? Is it this one here: http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/FormDetail?OpenForm&ENV=WWE&NO=026-LE219E
3. Do I fill out the application form above and give it to the fingerprinting company? After I finish taking fingerprinting at the company, do I need to do anything else?

Search on RCMP website for the police station in your locality where you can go and give fingerprints.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

"You must provide:

So my questions are:

Check for a place here:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/where-do-get-a-criminal-record-check

It depends on where you live.

All you need to do is come, pay the fee and they will take care of the rest (including photograph). Then you will receive a letter from the RCMP with the results and then you will have to upload this letter to your IRCC account.

Reactions: visa_4all

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check for a place here:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/where-do-get-a-criminal-record-check

It depends on where you live.

All you need to do is come, pay the fee and they will take care of the rest (including photograph). Then you will receive a letter from the RCMP with the results and then you will have to upload this letter to your IRCC account.
@Wolfpmd3

Thank you for your post.

I am a bit confused.

Some people say that RCMP will sent it directly to IRCC.

and

Some say that we have to upload.

Is there any change in the process.

May I know, what is the correct thing, which does not create delays.

Thank you

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
@Wolfpmd3

Thank you for your post.

I am a bit confused.

Some people say that RCMP will sent it directly to IRCC.

and

Some say that we have to upload.

Is there any change in the process.

May I know, what is the correct thing, which does not create delays.

Thank you
You will receive a printed letter with the results of your criminal record check at the address you provided.

You will have to scan this and upload to your IRCC account, Normally, upon request a place holder for this document will be created and that is where you will have to upload this file.

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will receive a printed letter with the results of your criminal record check at the address you provided.

You will have to scan this and upload to your IRCC account, Normally, upon request a place holder for this document will be created and that is where you will have to upload this file.
@Wolfpmd3
Is it for PR application or citizenship application.

Thank you