+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP criminal record check

fyeasmin

Aug 8, 2017
Hello, I have submitted my express entry application more than 2 months ago. 10 days ago, I have received a request letter from CIC that I need to submit my RCMP criminal record check document, as I have been residing Canada over 6 months and there was an "upload file" option has been created for this document in my CIC account. However, today when I received my RCMP document by mail and then I tried to upload the document to my account, but it requires the expiry date and issue date of the document, which have not been stated in my document, thus I could not upload it. I was wondering if anyone can suggest any solution in this regard.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I have submitted my express entry application more than 2 months ago. 10 days ago, I have received a request letter from CIC that I need to submit my RCMP criminal record check document, as I have been residing Canada over 6 months and there was an "upload file" option has been created for this document in my CIC account. However, today when I received my RCMP document by mail and then I tried to upload the document to my account, but it requires the expiry date and issue date of the document, which have not been stated in my document, thus I could not upload it. I was wondering if anyone can suggest any solution in this regard.
I think you can just set it 1 year from the issue date if no expiration is listed. That is what I did on mine and got my PPR no problem. Good luck!

Reactions: fyeasmin

fyeasmin

Aug 8, 2017
I think you can just set it 1 year from the issue date if no expiration is listed. That is what I did on mine and got my PPR no problem. Good luck!
Hey, Thanks a looot for your reply! it was pretty quick :), can you help me with another question? as a document number, which number I should use? in my RCMP document, there is 2 numbers, one is "Our File" number and another is "File" number. Thanks in advance :)

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, Thanks a looot for your reply! it was pretty quick :), can you help me with another question? as a document number, which number I should use? in my RCMP document, there is 2 numbers, one is "Our File" number and another is "File" number. Thanks in advance :)
My request was made in error so I actually did not submit the RCMP report, I did an LOE. I wish I could help you on this one. Maybe ask a senior member like legalfalcon. :) cheers!

Reactions: fyeasmin

fyeasmin

Aug 8, 2017
My request was made in error so I actually did not submit the RCMP report, I did an LOE. I wish I could help you on this one. Maybe ask a senior member like legalfalcon. :) cheers!
Hello, I have figured it out, I called to CIC, they told me it does not matter, so I put "File" number. Thanks though for your help :)

Reactions: MattyTj