+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
It's easy to discredit an article by picking a few pieces and reinforcing one's personal opinions based on cherry picked lines. Let's be honest here, they tried to keep that article smoother than the reality is. People end up doing hospitality jobs out of being left with no choice. And that industry was hit badly.

If you think people come here to do hospitality work, your thinking is flawed.

Clearly, you are not in the country.

Now, even highly skilled people who decide to come to Canada from the US do so because only super talented ones can stay back in the US. The average US state university MS candidate fits into that not so talented title. To add to that, I know people from good state universities in Asia currently averaging $180k in the States(overpaid). Sad thing is they can't stay back. They will never make it to the Berkeleys/Stanford/or UCLA.(let alone the Ivy's). They are willing to take a pay cut to live in a first world country and are moving to Canada or Australia. They bring that bogus attitude with them though.

Canada's top engineering graduates(Waterloo) usually find jobs easily in Washington and California. They don't want to work in Canada. There are some exceptions, but the rest are leftovers.

I didn't need to write so much, but the mere fact that you thought people with hospitality degrees moved here, and then couldn't find employment makes it a total waste of my time to even consider writing.

Seriously, you think people come here with hospitality degrees to find hospitality jobs ? Lol. They end up doing it to sustain themselves. They bought into the dream.

Don't say people don't do their research. You may be working in the tech field(in demand at the moment) and are concluding that those struggling are poor researchers/ or are less qualified.

You my friend are full of yourself, and deserve nothing less than a red carpet entry on arrival in Canada along with a diamond studded laptop case.

I missed my friend "face the reality" if anyone still remember him

people BS on him but he is totally correct before

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Sad that you picked up one little part of what I said and exaggerated it to the way you want. To start with, people coming to the US write competitive exams and not IELTS /TOEFL alone. So the competition starts even before moving to the US. I will leave it to you to decide who is more competitive: someone who cracks the GRE/GMAT or someone who takes an English test. Yes, there are mediocre Schools in the US that take people with low scores but that is the negligible sample size. Almost anyone who makes it to the US learns to survive in a stressful environment. For us, everything is like running against time right from getting our OPT EAD cards to H1B to Green Cards. Most people who moved from the US to Canada face little struggle finding a job because we have been through hell in the US. The same is the case with people who moved from other countries as long as they have the right skill. My argument is towards people who do little research and complains about Canada. Again, I am talking about people who do little research.

Also, $180 is not overpaid anywhere in the US. People deserve that kind of money for their hard work and skillset. The "some" people who do not make it to the Berkeleys and the Stanfords are not due to lack of talent but they are expensive private and public schools. UCLA has the same standards of education as UT Austin or Texas A & M and there are more international students studying in these because they are affordable. In my case, my GMAT was 710 and I only went to a State School because that's what I could afford. Why Canada's top engineering Grads get jobs in the US? Because US treats experience that you have from even a third world country equivalent to the US. Sadly, that's one part I dislike about Canada. Also, the "top" engineers cannot move to the US if they need H1B sponsorship. Nope, not happening. The "top" engineers" who is a Canadian citizen can move freely (With TN visa) to the US.

Also, I am not working in a Tech Field. I am working in Market Research. Again, people who struggle are the ones who do little research and that don't update their skillset. I am not sure why you assume people who have not updated their skills for the job market as less skilled people? Also, I am not full of myself. I am telling the reality in a not-so-polished way. You are welcome to have a different opinion.
You look at things from the surface. That simply doesn’t tell one enough.

Most Canadian business schools need a GMAT. The good ones need a 670+ to even be considered unless one is someone worth having for non-academic reasons. About the GRE, yes, students use that only as a booster. It is not a requirement at most schools. But these schools won’t even accept a person from asia with less than a 75 %. Actually let me say 80-85% plus for the top ones. Whether that is justified or not is a totally different thing.

I’m sure anyone with these GPA(or %’s easily do well on the GRE). Non requirement doesn’t mean low acceptance standards.

I have relatives studying at Berkeley, Cornell and Stanford. They too didn’t have a lot money, but we know all these schools provide good aid if the candidates meet the criteria.

Companies in Canada look at US state schools as state schools only. A Canadian Ivy League(lets call it Ivy League for comparisons sake) candidate will always look better on paper due to this. Most wont ask what the GMAT score was. If at all they do, they would be more interested in the verbal section(critical thinking).

About top engineers not being able to move because of visa hurdles, again it’s the the average or above average engineers we need to look at. Lot of chop shops are using the H1B and are more likely to be unsuccessful with the application.

People always say the US is hard to immigrate to. But the US always has been fair to talent. If they know someone is worth having, then even a Trump immigration policy wouldn’t stop them. In fact Trump wanted talented people.

That word ‘talent’ is loosely used these days. Getting a 700+ is very doable on the GMAT. Practice, practice, practice. What’s the use if it’s a state university ? Even a 550-600 score would have got an admit. (Yes, without aid).

Reactions: student888

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
I am more interested in the score distribution of the candidates in the pool.

The number of candidates with a score over 480 in March 2021 is now greater than the number of those with a score between 471~480 in Jan 2021.

Any estimation of the cut-off score when (if) the FSW draw is conducted?
At least 490 and 500 is possible when first general draw conduct in Summer

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I wouldn’t say it’s dead. But I do believe moving forward low scoring FSW candidates won’t have a chance. The game will be played at high scores and it’s going to be cutthroat, but it’s definitely not dead.
I don't see how IRCC how can process so many CEC applications unless they completely abandon already submitted FSW applications and focus solely on CEC applications. If this is really the case which seems highly likely, I doubt FSW draws being conducted for a long time.

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
I don't see how IRCC how can process so many CEC applications unless they completely abandon already submitted FSW applications and focus solely on CEC applications. If this is really the case which seems highly likely, I doubt FSW draws being conducted for a long time.
Yes, but they might conduct draws in future with reduced number of invites... say 1000 or even less... 500 per draw. This way they’ll still be able to process the pending applications while limiting the number of new applications. This seems more likely than completely abandoning FSW... but it’s IRCC.... who knows what’s cooking in their minds.

YsVV

May 25, 2017
Just wonder where are those CEC candidates from. I mean IRCC emptied CEC just one month ago and now there are additional 5000 people with CRS over 449? Unbelievable

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Just wonder where are those CEC candidates from. I mean IRCC emptied CEC just one month ago and now there are additional 5000 people with CRS over 449? Unbelievable
They probably created their profiles after the draw last month. Plus there might be others in the pool that weren’t eligible for CEC last month but became eligible this month (e.g., reached one year anniversary) or there maybe CEC applicants who received ITA last month, declined it and went back to the pool.

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
The Feb 27k+ draw probably incentivized a lot of new people to submit profiles, mainly the ones that were still waiting to get more points

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
There are daily entrants to the pool. This gets brought up every single time there is a draw.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yes, but they might conduct draws in future with reduced number of invites... say 1000 or even less... 500 per draw. This way they’ll still be able to process the pending applications while limiting the number of new applications. This seems more likely than completely abandoning FSW... but it’s IRCC.... who knows what’s cooking in their minds.
What I don't understand is why can't IRCC just be open about their plans for FSW draws instead of being shady and conducting them whenever they feel like. A lot of people lost their chance last year due to age because of this CEC only BS.

YsVV

May 25, 2017
The increasing number of candidates really scares me, plus their extremely high CRS.
There are over 5000 people in the pool with 480+. Life gets hard for our FSW

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
What I don't understand is why can't IRCC just be open about their plans for FSW draws instead of being shady and conducting them whenever they feel like. A lot of people lost their chance last year due to age because of this CEC only BS.
I think the main reason they are not sharing plans is because IRCC is not yet sure about when / how they will be able to get back to "normal". Unfortunately, COVID situation is still unpredictable worldwide.

Reactions: EscoBlades
Status
Not open for further replies.