Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi I am an aspirant and have applied for the express entry draw with a score of 478. When is the next draw expected and what are my chances. Thanks for the help :)

CanadaVIsa forum is also affected by spam messages these days.......woahhhhhhhhh:eek::confused:

SMKK

Jun 12, 2018
Very low score. Work harder and try to improve your score to reach till 500.

Next cut off - 500+

Such high score people are asking for chances. Strange. Anyways it was just a joke. Start preparing your documents. You are in for tomorrow’s draw.
Thanks Mickey appreciate your help.

Mayur_M

Sep 2, 2017
Pune
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Hi ,
I think I have a clue regarding why the cut off CRS is not coming down from 440 so far. I applied last year with a CRS of 430 and my agent did not include my Canadian certificate. Eventually I got ITA but I was rejected due to some miscalculation of my work experience which resulted claiming points that I did not have. This year I applied again and I decided to include my Canadian certificate which is worth 15 points and also this year I have enough work experience to claim those points I could not last year. I was expecting something around 428. Surprisingly and I am just dumbfounded in saying this , my CRS rose to 467. Despite my age increased one year. IELTS remained more or less same. I checked the breakdown of points awarded to me and saw that in all the sections the allotted points have been increased by some strange magic. I calculated the same application in CIC website calculator and my point is still showing 431. Which means the website is not updated OR there is some silly mistake in my application , chances of which are slim. This explains why cut off marks are not coming down because the general CRS scores being awarded has been raised a lot. I am still going through the application again n again with my agent and checking if there is some mistake , I will be able to confirm it little later. But this is really a BIG SURPRISE !
Recheck your inputs in tool

Mayur_M

Sep 2, 2017
Pune
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
If you don't mind me asking, as your IELTS and ECA were done last year, why did you submit your EE profile only in March this year? Your score of 445 would have fetched you an ITA in Feb itself, right? :O
My wife was pregnant then so could not do her medicals (and we did not like the plate option). Also, bonus and increments in my origination are fixed and locked by Feb end, did not want to inform them before which would have had a significant impact on bonus and increment of the entire year. CRS during that time were always around 445 hence we decided to do it in March. So, the wait for ITA continues.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
My wife was pregnant then so could not do her medicals (and we did not like the plate option). Also, bonus and increments in my origination are fixed and locked by Feb end, did not want to inform them before which would have had a significant impact on bonus and increment of the entire year. CRS during that time were always around 445 hence we decided to do it in March. So, the wait for ITA continues.
Many of us would have quite interesting journeys towards the Canadian PR! I was just checking the earlier draws and saw that you were hit by the 3-week draw in March and again (potentially) denied on verge of ITA due to this 3 week gap. But I sincerely hope and wish you get your deserved ITA within next 1-2 months :)

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
Sorry I am relatively new here.
Tell me - do I need to inform my current company after submitting all the documents? Can’t I explain in the relevant section that I havent disclosed my intention to my current employer so appreciate not calling them. I guess it’s pretty genuine from my point of view.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Sorry I am relatively new here.
Tell me - do I need to inform my current company after submitting all the documents? Can’t I explain in the relevant section that I havent disclosed my intention to my current employer so appreciate not calling them. I guess it’s pretty genuine from my point of view.
You need employment reference letter on company letterhead from each of your employers for which you'll be claiming professional experience, this includes your present employer if you choose to show it under professional experience. So, no option but to disclose your intention :)
Otherwise, you may choose not to show your current employment under professional experience and put it under personal details, if you are getting required experience tenure from your previous employers. In that case, you don't need a reference letter.

Reactions: Gibacho

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
A
You need employment reference letter on company letterhead from each of your employers for which you'll be claiming professional experience, this includes your present employer if you choose to show it under professional experience. So, no option but to disclose your intention :)
Otherwise, you may choose not to show your current employment under professional experience and put it under personal details, if you are getting required experience tenure from your previous employers. In that case, you don't need a reference letter.
Awesome. Why wasnt I part of this excellent forum before?

Anyways - employment reference letter isn't same as experience certificate? I mean, it mentions my designation, from and to date, my company name and has a signature. Besides my designation excatly matches the NOC Code I selected.

My previous employers have all been brought over by others.. so too difficult to reconnect with them, besides i am not sure if they would be interested in issuing a reference letter as such