+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 66th Draw

montylee

Star Member
May 7, 2013
NOC Code......
Any idea about June 6 changes for French? My wife is studying French but hasn't given TEF. She has completed DELF A2 level and will give B1 level soon. Normally only Quebec considers DELF. Can I benefit from it after June 6? Normally one doesn't get any points for spouse's 2nd language.

nilanjana

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Australia
IELTS Request
03-12-2016
@ivancabrer @andieangel
Dear friends...My ielts will expire on 13 June...Am at 410 and has also got an NOI from Ontario...After yesterday's results i am a bit confused, whether should i wait for another draw or should i accept the NOI...Please guide me
As you have already taken another IELTS and is awaiting the results I don't think you should accept the NOI at this stage. I too am at 411 and have received a NOI from Ontario but have decided on waiting few more draws before deciding on whether to accept it or not. You have 6 months to accept the NOI and you are very close to getting the direct ITA. So, why waste time on going the long path? (I did not mention the CAD 1500 as you had mentioned money is not a problem for you.) I would suggest you to wait few more draws and see what the trend is.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People with French Language are already in Quebec or Canada as its very hard to learn French n sit for French exam TEF for many in this short duration of time, plus it's expensive affair.
About people with siblings, they usually go through provincial nomination route as most province give extra weightage/ marks for having sibling in that province. So many of them might also be in Canada already
Moral of the story: "very less shake up because of June 6 changes as of now".
But after few months it might affect as more aspiring people might take up French exam plus people with sublings would not go through pnp route by shelling out extra bucks.
You are absolutely correct about all. And i would like to add my own to that too in relation to French for newbies. It is not easy. I studied French myself. Finished level 4 in 8 months. To get to CBL 7 in French you need to study until B2 Advanced and understand well. French is not for all, is definitely not for me, but i will continue it if and when i get to Canada. The main reason i stopped is of course it was difficult to manage time with 48 hours of work every week but most importantly, we do not have TEF exams here in Nepal. Have to go to India for that and i am not that motivated enough. If only i can get CBL 9, my points will go to 439 and now add 15 for siblings it will shoot to 454. So i will rather take IELTS again if my new score will not be enough at the end of July.

Moral of the story, like you said, upcoming changes will have minimal impact cos French is not for all and considering the top 10 nations from 2016 report, there aren't many French speaking countries to immigrate to Canada apart from France of course lol. Good day ;)

Zakaria223

May 4, 2017
hey my score is 412 ...missed by 1. what you guys think? any chance for nexr draw after june 6 change?
thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
How will be the June 6 changes done. I mean will they reflect automatically or we need to update profile?

nilanjana

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Australia
IELTS Request
03-12-2016
hey my score is 412 ...missed by 1. what you guys think? any chance for nexr draw after june 6 change?
thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions
In spite of the June 6th changes the next CRS predictions are leaning towards 409 (+/- 1). So, you would probably get ITA in the next draw. All the best :)

mqamar1994

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Nomination.....
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Hey guys, hope everyone in this ray of hope thread gets ITA in the coming weeks :)

I am at 407 and will be reaching 422 after the June 6 changes. I dont have an OINP NOI as i created my profile on May 29th. I have seen all predictions that the score will not shoot up after the changes. I really hope i get into the next draw.

Good wishes for everyone

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How will be the June 6 changes done. I mean will they reflect automatically or we need to update profile?
Sibling point will be reflected automatically if you have declared in your EE profile that you have a sibling in Canada, living there either as a citizen or holds PR. For French connection, you got to have a valid score like IELTS. For French its TEF report. My 100th comment lol.

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Hello there sir, are they going to raise the ITA number in 2018 for real? from what I'm seeing, I won't be able to finish my profile before December.
I spoke like I have a solid data, sorry for that. It is only speculation.

Please take a look at the following addresses, maybe they'll help you see that if they don't raise the quota, they'll at least keep the 2017 quota, as they don't seem to be diminishing the amount os ITAs issues per draw so far, on one side, and because the 2017-18 planned budget is very simmilar to the actual.
http://www.cicnews.com/2017/05/may-31-express-entry-draw-lowest-ever-points-requirement-for-fsw-and-cec-candidates-059193.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dp/2017-2018/dp.asp#sec06-1

As I said, this is only speculation, and we'll have to wait for the IRCC to release the Supplementary Information 2017 Immigration Levels Plan, as we only have the 2017 one, below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-10-31.asp

Anyway, because now (after the June changes) the french language is going to have a lot of weight in the CRS, if I was you, I would consider to learn french up to a B2 level (CLB7). It is not that hard, 2 hours everyday for 4 to 6 months and you'll be good for the TEF.
Of course, you have to take it very seriously (read books in french, watch movies in french with french captions, etc.). But, it'll be worth it, I promise. ;)

Edit: This link has also very interesting news for us:
http://www.cicnews.com/2017/05/canada-competing-attract-global-talent-immigration-minister-059154.html

Jojolet

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
If I accept this ITA. I need to add my wife in 5 days which will eventually reduce my point I believe. I have re-calculated points againa and I will stand at 384 after my marriage. :(
But I guess there isnt any other way of doing it except declining.
Why dont you put a call throigh to them? Technically ur status as at when u received ITA is single and nothing in this world can change that evenbif u have not finished filimg ur forms till d "D day". My opinion dont decline or better still call them to ask and send a mail after your discussion to affirm their information. I am assumming it will be favourable
All the best

Jojolet

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Get married but simply don't update ur status till u get ITA. Register ur marriage after u get ITA. Or reach Canada alone, come back in two months time, register your marriage then, and start processing your wife spouse visa.
Till then enjoy the perks of married life. :p
I second your opinion. While u are at it you can get her visiting visa in d meantime. So she is free to join u any time b4 her PR is finally sorted. Think it through well though

Last edited:

jaybee2

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Any idea about June 6 changes for French? My wife is studying French but hasn't given TEF. She has completed DELF A2 level and will give B1 level soon. Normally only Quebec considers DELF. Can I benefit from it after June 6? Normally one doesn't get any points for spouse's 2nd language.
You could consider making her the principal applicant if that will give you more points. Calculate both and then decide.