+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 157th Draw - CEC

Abhinav puri

Aug 2, 2020
Hi guys
I am a fsw candidate with 471 crs score i wanted to get some information regarding following queries please help me out.

1. I have done a 5 year dual degree course i.e b.tech and mba and i have two seperate degrees one for my bachelors and other for my pg i.e mba degree.however wes assesed my degrees as bachelor degree and 1 year pg diploma for my mba. So i wanted to ask is there any option so that i can upgrade my educational qualification assessment to masters degree becuase it will fetch me extra marks. If possible then please recommend which eca agency i should opt for.

2. As my dob is nov 1991, so i will be completing 29 years of age in nov 1991, so do i loose 5 points for age after nov 2020 or after completing 30 years i.e nov 2021.

Kindly shed some useful information i will be very thankful for this help

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi guys
I am a fsw candidate with 471 crs score i wanted to get some information regarding following queries please help me out.

1. I have done a 5 year dual degree course i.e b.tech and mba and i have two seperate degrees one for my bachelors and other for my pg i.e mba degree.however wes assesed my degrees as bachelor degree and 1 year pg diploma for my mba. So i wanted to ask is there any option so that i can upgrade my educational qualification assessment to masters degree becuase it will fetch me extra marks. If possible then please recommend which eca agency i should opt for.

2. As my dob is nov 1991, so i will be completing 29 years of age in nov 1991, so do i loose 5 points for age after nov 2020 or after completing 30 years i.e nov 2021.

Kindly shed some useful information i will be very thankful for this help
For your 1st question - other agencies might recognize your second degree as a masters. I would research which ones have looked favorably on your institution/degree in your past (google and forum searches) to help choose an agency. A word of caution - anecdotally the timelines can be long and unpredictable. On the bright side, it seems you have a fairly long runway before you start losing points.

For the second question - you lose 5 points in Nov 2021 (when you're past 30).

All the best.

Abhinav puri

Aug 2, 2020
For your 1st question - other agencies might recognize your second degree as a masters. I would research which ones have looked favorably on your institution/degree in your past (google and forum searches) to help choose an agency. A word of caution - anecdotally the timelines can be long and unpredictable. On the bright side, it seems you have a fairly long runway before you start losing points.

All the best.
Thank u very much for clearing my doubt. Further i would like to add i have done b.tech in i.t and mba as a part of dual degree integrated 5 year course from panjab university chandigarh, my main concern is that if they evaluate my. Mba. Degree as masters then i would get 7 points extra. So i would like to get some more advice in this regard, like from which agency i should evaluate my degrees. I will be thankful to you for sharing some more valuable insights.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019

All the best.
Your second answer is INCORRECT my friend.

You start losing points from the moment you turn 30! @Abhinav puri

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Your second answer is INCORRECT my friend.

You start losing points from the moment you turn 30! @Abhinav puri
I guess Nov 2021 is the correct answer. I was born in 1990 and I have not lost any points yet because my birthday has not been passed.
Noted that @Abhinav puri was born in 1991 instead, so he will only lose points next year Nov.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I guess Nov 2021 is the correct answer. I was born in 1990 and I have not lost any points yet because my birthday has not been passed.
Noted that @Abhinav puri was born in 1991 instead, so he will only lose points next year Nov.
Yes, you're absolutely correct dear!

I thought you meant "from the age 31 onwards" when you said "past 30"!