Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
FSW draw tomorrow, guaranteed. A valuable source has told me
If you are wrong, I will come to your house and make you the worst bowl of poutine ever. ;)
Can anyone give me some pointers on scoring 8.0-9.0 in reading section? It seems I always overthink the T/F/NG questions and bungle it up. @ZAtoCD ?
Sure thing bud. My first piece of advice would be, as has been mentioned here, try not to stress. I know it's hard sometimes, but the more relaxed you are, the better chance your brain has of not getting mixed up in the session. Different people find peace in different ways - not talking to anyone right before the exam; talking to someone close to you to ease your mind; gardening; watching your favorite show; listening to music, etc. You might even consider not studying right up to the point you right, as sometimes that cramming brings about anxiety. Whatever helps you center yourself.

Second piece of advice is if this is the section you've had some trouble with, make sure you give yourself enough time for it. So, try and make sure you don't spend too long elsewhere and have to rush this one. If you have time, you can reread the passages.

Finally, reread the passages. :D For a T statement, read the section of the passage that relates, and think to yourself, is this thing telling me as close as possible to no doubt that this statement is true. The opposite for false. For the NG statements, I would say if there is a possibility then go with true. So, for the example you gave, it didn't specify "all", so we could interpret that statement as "some", which is what I did. Which would mean I'd say it was true. The more online tutorial examples you do, perhaps the higher chance of that same interpretation becoming a thing for you as well.

Hope that helps. And best of luck for your next IELTS test if you do another one. I hope you get the score you're aiming for.

Reactions: jrossi

jesse1120

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Jay from E2 says to only read first sentences on the paragraph,do determin e heading , is that true ,does that way work?
Knowing IELTS, they are out to "get you" using trick questions. So I think it would be prudent to speed-read the entire para with close attention paid to key words. Sometimes the first two lines may be something else and the rest of the para something else. I normally speed-read and try to summarise it in totality and then see which heading is closest to my summary with the help of the key words. Having said that, some times headings are straightforward and you will get the answer within the first two lines itself. I normally also read the headings first, then read the paragraphs and then remember if something clicks from the headings. It came from practicing regularly.

SUMIL

Sep 18, 2019
I have submitted my application on 30th April 7.30 am EDT and fees have increased from 30th April 9 am EDT. So am i liable for fees increased structure? Please guide.

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
Hi friends. I have a question. I am 452 CEC as of last week after finidhing 1 year canadian work experience. I am doing my medical exam on May 28th before getting an ITA. Is my file number ( to give to thr panel physician) the same as the one that is on thr right side of the confirmation email when I updated my score?

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Hi friends. I have a question. I am 452 CEC as of last week after finidhing 1 year canadian work experience. I am doing my medical exam on May 28th before getting an ITA. Is my file number ( to give to thr panel physician) the same as the one that is on thr right side of the confirmation email when I updated my score?
Hi, Did you not get your ITA already? I thought the system would have given you the CRS points for 1 year on May 1st, so you should have already received the ITA. Did you not have your profile created on May 1st? Thank you!

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020
Canada won't start processing these until 19 May
  • visitor visas (including transit visas)
  • eTAs
  • study permits
  • work permits
So today being another CEC draw doesn't come at any surprise. If they can start processing work permits, surely we will see a comeback in FSW draws.
Didn't want to be negative but I believe work permit processing is more about post-graduate work permit

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
Hi, Did you not get your ITA already? I thought the system would have given you the CRS points for 1 year on May 1st, so you should have already received the ITA. Did you not have your profile created on May 1st? Thank you!

I didn't update my profile beforecompleting 52 weeks.
I just wonder what file number I should provide them when I go for my medical examintion.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
I didn't update my profile beforecompleting 52 weeks.
I just wonder what file number I should provide them when I go for my medical examination.
ok got it. When I did my upfront medicals, they didn't care about any file number. They filed the upfront medicals under your passport number and application category (FSW for me). So back then file number wasn't required. Not sure if it has changed since then, I did my medicals about 2 years ago.