+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Sure, but it would be nice if CECs here would not actively discourage everyone else by stating there should be CEC only draws, or try to rationalise it as because they have spent money on Canadian education, and living and working in Canada, that these draws support that they have a greater right to be selected as immigrants than anyone else.

That's all i'm saying.

I wish everyone the best of luck.

Last edited:

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Sure, but it would be nice if CECs here would not actively discourage everyone else by stating there should be CEC only draws, or try to rationalise it as because they have spent money on Canadian education, and living and working in Canada, that these draws support that they have a greater right to be selected as immigrants than anyone else.

That's all i'm saying.

I wish everyone the best if luck.
It's not about having a greater right. It's just that in this moment. People already in Canada with jobs and everything have a better chance of success than people outsider. During a massive recession it helps to have contacts and to know people. But i also think that they should figure out how to pick people in Canada. Not just fsw or cec. Because cec could be outside, and fsw could be there. It's not about trying to discourage. It's just saying that there is some logic sense in this very specific situation to pick people in Canada

But to other stuff. Like people predicted, the conservatives have started going against immigration. I read on cbc that the premier turd of Alberta, Kenney, is pandering to people. Saying companies should only hire people already in alberta. And they want to slow immigration. Of course it won't have an effect. As it is only pandering. And they, as a province, can't actually do anything

Reactions: jitesh2013

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I do understand that point of view, i just think the people who make this case are doing so self-servingly.

It's like i just so happen to be advocating a stance that benefits me personally much more at the expense of other people. What a coincidence?

As i've said, FSWs are not coming to Canada right this minute. they're looking at most likely a year before they can land here.

I'm fine with IRCC selecting CECs only at this juncture, it makes sense given the pandemic.

But long term, does it really make a difference if you're a CEC or FSW? I don't think it does, an FSW with a higher score probably has more qualifications, more experience, and better language skills which would help them assimilate easier into the Canadian economy than a CEC would with a lower score.

Scores are still the best objective metric of who would be more capable of being economically successful in Canada. So should a CEC get preference over FSWs despite having a lower score given the numerous advantages they have in terms of additional points? Not to me.

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
I do understand that point of view, i just think the people who make this case are doing so self-servingly.

It's like i just so happen to be advocating a stance that benefits me personally much more at the expense of other people. What a coincidence?

As i've said, FSWs are not coming to Canada right this minute. they're looking at most likely a year before they can land here.

I'm fine with IRCC selecting CECs only at this juncture, it makes sense given the pandemic.

But long term, does it really make a difference if you're a CEC or FSW? I don't think it does, an FSW with a higher score probably has more qualifications, more experience, and better language skills which would help them assimilate easier into the Canadian economy than a CEC would with a lower score.

Scores are still the best objective metric of who would be more capable of being economically successful in Canada. So should a CEC get preference over FSWs despite having a lower score given the numerous advantages they have in terms of additional points? Not to me.
Their is no way you can compare cec candidates to fsw! Cec Applicants usually have a very high success rate here in Canada the reason being are credentials are on par to Canadian system and also we have Canadian work experience!
When fsw people come to Canada they have to redo their qualifications since it’s not recognized in most Canadian universities and colleges. Also your outside experience is irrelevant! Employers always looking for Canadian work experience!

So don’t put cec applicants down bud! Most cec applicants are much better suited to the Canadian lifestyle.
Also good luck starting from scratch your life here....

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Their is no way you can compare cec candidates to fsw! Cec Applicants usually have a very high success rate here in Canada the reason being are credentials are on par to Canadian system and also we have Canadian work experience!
When fsw people come to Canada they have to redo their qualifications since it’s not recognized in most Canadian universities and colleges. Also your outside experience is irrelevant! Employers always looking for Canadian work experience!

So don’t put cec applicants down bud! Most cec applicants are much better suited to the Canadian lifestyle.
Also good luck starting from scratch your life here....
This is just your bias talking, if their qualifications were not recognized, what would be the point of an ECA? :) Most people have no issues with a foreign undergraduate degree and pursuing a Masters in Canada.

I'm sorry, but having 1 or 2 years of Canadian work experience is not a big deal. It's no such a big advantage over someone who doesn't.

Besides, the truth is most CEC don't have experience in high skilled jobs in Canada. Many times, FSWs are people with top foreign experience in their chosen career, which translates more relevantly to the job in Canada they want to work in.

Reactions: Sharanm7

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
This is just your bias talking, if their qualifications were not recognized, what would be the point of an ECA? :) Most people have no issues with a foreign undergraduate degree and pursuing a Masters in Canada.

I'm sorry, but having 1 or 2 years of Canadian work experience is not a big deal. It's no such a big advantage over someone who doesn't.

Besides, the truth is most CEC don't have experience in high skilled jobs in Canada. Many times, FSWs are people with top foreign experience in their chosen career, which translates more relevantly to the job in Canada they want to work in.
Lol you gotta be kidding me! Keep dreaming buddy about your fsw aspirations.

most fsw take like a year or two year to get settled in Canada. Also the weather plays a big difference. Rather than you discourage and segregating potential candidates!! You need to get a life. I have seen you constantly bash cec applicants on this forum. Your Just a attention seeker......

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
It's not a big deal once you have it. The big deal will be convincing Canadian employers to give you a chance to obtain that experience.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
U russian? How many attempts u had to have writing 7.0?
I am. I've never scored 7 in writing. I scored only 8 in writing and it was my first and last attempt :)

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
lol, i have nothing against CEC candidates. :) I could have easily been one myself if circumstances had been different.

I'm just pushing back against this constant stream of CECs discouraging people outside Canada here, and this notion that all of sudden they have a complete advantage over them and that this situation will continue for the foreseeable future as a permanent shift in Canada's immigration policy.

It will not, this is due to the pandemic, plain and simple.

I think there is plenty of space and opportunities in Canada for both CECs and FSWs, there's no need for one to succeed at the expense of the other.

Just be happy with the current draws, and wish everyone well regardless of which program they belong to.

Reactions: Sharanm7

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
I think there is plenty of space and opportunities in Canada for both CECs and FSWs, there's no need for one to succeed at the expense of the other.
It seems that right now it's going to be a competition among Canadians, PRs and potential immigrants. The demand for jobs is much higher than it was before, however the number of opportunities available is much smaller because the economy has taken a big hit.

Chris1994

Jul 23, 2019
Lol you gotta be kidding me! Keep dreaming buddy about your fsw aspirations.

most fsw take like a year or two year to get settled in Canada. Also the weather plays a big difference. Rather than you discourage and segregating potential candidates!! You need to get a life. I have seen you constantly bash cec applicants on this forum. Your Just a attention seeker......
And are you not an attention seeker with your posts?

• Haha
Reactions: Sharanm7 and cansha

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It seems that right now it's going to be a competition among Canadians, PRs and potential immigrants. The demand for jobs is much higher than it was before, however the number of opportunities available is much smaller because the economy has taken a big hit.
Sure, but anyone who thought immigrating to Canada was going to be a bed of roses is going to be in for a rude awakening, even at the best of times.

I know competition will be even more fierce with the economic downturn, but people who have the right credentials will find opportunities.

I just don't believe in the doom and gloom, of course there will be adjustments made, but Canada has a world class economy and it will bounce back soon enough.