21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Ye

Yes, is there any difference from the previous AIP's?
Yes. It is different. Argh.. they have updated the letter to be on the safe side. It used to have "Approval in Principle" mentioned in the letter. People who received in late July, early August had that specifically mentioned on it. But now, it says that it has moved on to next stage which could be resulted in refusal and IRCC will not be held accountable in this case.

Siddharthjh

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Hi All,
Had applied for visa online through SDS for September intake Masters. Full documents submitted as I was rejected previously (Post Batchelor Diploma)
Applied online - 26-Jun-2020
Submitted the deferal letter (Jan intake) through webform - 28-Aug-2020
AIP - 3-Sep-2020
I'm worried if they have really considered the deferal Letter of acceptance or not. Also few students also got rejected at stage 2. Anyone who got the aip have deferred to next intake ? Is it a risk? Please suggest.

Cancan11

Dec 27, 2019
Yes. It is different. Argh.. they have updated the letter to be on the safe side. It used to have "Approval in Principle" mentioned in the letter. People who received in late July, early August had that specifically mentioned on it. But now, it says that it has moved on to next stage which could be resulted in refusal and IRCC will not be held accountable in this case.
OMG why are they being cruel

vikrantsh30

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Please take this with a pinch of salt but a friend of friend has received received this "approved to next stage" pdf. Interesting thing is that he had requested to withdraw study permit application. I don't think the VO are really going through the applications. The preliminary checks might just be your previous study and choice of course in Canada because some people with strong SOPs and profiles got refusals possibly due to choice of program of study in Canada.

Reactions: jigzyy

Kaur_India

Jul 27, 2020
Please take this with a pinch of salt but a friend of friend has received received this "approved to next stage" pdf. Interesting thing is that he had requested to withdraw study permit application. I don't think the VO are really going through the applications. The preliminary checks might just be your previous study and choice of course in Canada because some people with strong SOPs and profiles got refusals possibly due to choice of program of study in Canada.
Omg

Roohiez

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Timeline ?
SDS from India
Applied on July 17th
Got a request for Biometrics on July 18th
Got my AIP today
Neither my eligibility review has started nor my medicals have been updated.
I couldn’t submit my final semester grades because exams have been postponed because of Covid.

mga20

Star Member
May 24, 2020
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
20-07-2020
Just got the AIP letter on email from CPC Edmonton (12.55 am IST)

SDS | 20th July | India | Biometrics pending

Got it without the start of the eligibility review or medical update.

Afza Akhil

Dec 20, 2017
I checked for the student who got on 17th aug and it looks same.. not sure..

Wizparar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
There is no letter that make use if those exact words “Approval in Principle”... All the AIP issued are of the same format...