03-02-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2017
LANDED..........
Inland
Jinu jose said:
Hi friends I applied AINP on 2013 nov 27 and my work permit expired on October 2014 and right now I'm in implied status my employer applied lmia on October but still no response from cic.if any new rule come please consider the people who applied on 2013because everybody's work permit almost expired and all are in implied status
how can you be still on implied status? Normally if your work permit expired on October 2014, you should apply for a new work permit right before the old one expire (based on the proof the your employer applied for LMIA) and a decision regarding your work permit application is made in about 4-6 weeks.... Are you saying that CIC didn`t took any decision regarding your application since 3 months??

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
Jinu jose said:
Hi friends I applied AINP on 2013 nov 27 and my work permit expired on October 2014 and right now I'm in implied status my employer applied lmia on October but still no response from cic.if any new rule come please consider the people who applied on 2013because everybody's work permit almost expired and all are in implied status

As per my understanding based on what I read the new measure and changes on Ainp only applies to NOC O A and B. Correct me if I'm wrong.

EEdreams15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone with experience can help me.

So my PGWP is expiring at the end of February 2015 and I will be one month short of having 1 year work experience. I started my job in April 2014 (NOC B) and I will get my 12 months of full time experience at the end of March 2015. I applied for AINP in Nov 2013 under my old NOC C job that does not qualify for CEC.

Now, I have no positive LMIA or PNP nomination (waiting for it, in my 15th month :-\ ). What I am thinking of doing is applying for extension of my work permit through paper application (takes about 94 days to process) even though I know it will get denied.

My question is this - Will my last month of work under implied status be valid for applying to CEC? Can a VO deny my CEC application because my last month was under implied status gained by filing an extension that I knew was gonna be declined?

*All this would only matter if I get an ITA without a PNP or LMIA of course.*

Please, anyone with experience can you help me?

Thanks guys!!!!

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EEdreams15 said:
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone with experience can help me.

So my PGWP is expiring at the end of February 2015 and I will be one month short of having 1 year work experience. I started my job in April 2014 (NOC B) and I will get my 12 months of full time experience at the end of March 2015. I applied for AINP in Nov 2013 under my old NOC C job that does not qualify for CEC.

Now, I have no positive LMIA or PNP nomination (waiting for it, in my 15th month :-\ ). What I am thinking of doing is applying for extension of my work permit through paper application (takes about 94 days to process) even though I know it will get denied.

My question is this - Will my last month of work under implied status be valid for applying to CEC? Can a VO deny my CEC application because my last month was under implied status gained by filing an extension that I knew was gonna be declined?

*All this would only matter if I get an ITA without a PNP or LMIA of course.*

Please, anyone with experience can you help me?

Thanks guys!!!!
There isn't a CEC category anymore. You need to use express entry. Express entry is way harder than any other category IMO. It seems that you'll have to go back home unless you get a LMIA. If you get a nomination, then you need AOR from CIC to get a BOWP. So, if you fill your PR application right away, it takes about a month to get AOR which you can use to get a BOWP. Though I've heard people have tried to get work permits(open or closed)using only the nomination. I'm not sure if they actually got them.

Good luck.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
SpoonRaccoon said:
There isn't a CEC category anymore. You need to use express entry. Express entry is way harder than any other category IMO. It seems that you'll have to go back home unless you get a LMIA. If you get a nomination, then you need AOR from CIC to get a BOWP. So, if you fill your PR application right away, it takes about a month to get AOR which you can use to get a BOWP. Though I've heard people have tried to get work permits(open or closed)using only the nomination. I'm not sure if they actually got them.

Good luck.
WRONG ! express entry is a selection system AND applicants MUST qualify under any of the three Economic Programs , FSW, CEC and FSTP .
And yes, all the time working under implied status can be count towards the one year experience to qualify under CEC.

Henish

Feb 1, 2015
so they are processing files as per work permit expiry date..! :( but still wil they be able to give nominations according to processing time posted? :-X :-X :-X :-X

faith03

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Henish said:
so they are processing files as per work permit expiry date..! :( but still wil they be able to give nominations according to processing time posted? :-X :-X :-X :-X
Accdg to the letter ive read u were giver a 1 yr bridging work permit fair enough until such time AINP release their decision either they will give u certificate or not. So lets say your under the 4yr cap nd ure WP is expiring april 1 and you apply January under the processing times for skilled its 15-18 months so by the time they have their decision u already haveyour 1yr BWP still eligible to apply for PR. A is fair i think. So lets hope that we all recieve that letter

PKG92

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUN 02,2014
LANDED..........
since 2011
gujar said:
No news :-\ :-\ :eek: ::) ??? :'( Waiting from december 2013
THIS WAIT IS GIVING ME SO MUCH DEPRESSION. I KNOW EVERYONE IS N SAME BOAT BUT STILL IT IS TO HARD .DAMN I WANNA KILL MYSELF :mad: :(

eddie.r

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mannual said:
Hey guys here is :-

Date: January 30, 2015 at 1:20:11 PM MST
Subject: Temporary Foreign Worker Program - Conservative Government approves Transition Measures to Help Employers

Dear Constituents and Employers,

I have appreciated your continued input regarding recent changes to the Temporary Foreign Worker Program as they relate to Alberta's labour force.

I have noted your comments that the Province of Alberta has a significant backlog to develop in their Provincial Nominee Program , and your concern that some of the individuals in the backlog are TFWs who will hit the cumulative duration limit in 2015 without an answer on their AINP application. Recognizing this is a challenge for employers when combined with the recent reforms to the TFWP.

As your Member of Parliament, I take seriously my responsibility to represent your interests to my Cabinet Colleagues. I am pleased to inform you that our Conservative Government has approved arrangements between Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), Citizenship & Immigration Canada and the Government of Alberta to provide for work permit extensions for TFWs in Alberta who have been nominated for the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program, and whose temporary status may end prior to finalization of their permanent residency applications.

Our government is proposing two transition measures to help Alberta employers by ensuring that foreign workers who are being nominated under the PNP program are not forced to leave Canada before a decision can be made on their application. The two measures are:

• ESDC will provide a one-time exemption to these applicants' employers from the cap on low-wage workers provided they meet strict criteria

• CIC will provide a one-year bridging work permit (exempt from the LMIA process) to TFWs subject to the cumulative duration limit

The Criteria:

• Applied to the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program before July 1 2014

• Have work permits that expire in calendar year 2015

• Alberta has provided a letter to CIC or ESDC indicating and confirming that:

 Alberta intends to nominate these applicants

 Alberta is satisfied that the applicant's employer has taken the necessary steps to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment but has been unable to do so for reasons beyond his/her control

 The employer has indicated in wr4iting to Alberta that they wish to have the applicant's work permit renews

 For applicants in NOC O, A & B occupations, that Alberta has explicitly encouraged the individual to create an Express Entry profile.

I should advise that there is no guarantee that all of your employees will benefit since the province will have to make an assessment of whether each AINP applicant meets the criteria. However, I am pleased to advise you about the our Conservative Government's positive response to the issues and concerns that you have raised.

Yours truly,

Hon. Rona Ambrose, P.C., M.P.
Edmonton-Spruce Grove

Debra Bain, Manager
Constituency Affairs
Office of the Hon. Rona Ambrose, P.C., M.P.
Member of Parliament for Edmonton-Spruce Grove
6801 170th Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5T 4W4

Tel: (780) 495-7705 | Fax: (780) 495-7741 | Email: Rona.Ambrose.C1 @ parl.gc.ca
Facebook: Rona Ambrose | Twitter: @ MinRonaAmbrose
Does anyone went after this for it is true? coz one of the office worker said they don't know anything about this . maybe its a joke.....well I don't think so this is funny for those ppl who are suffering .....like me ....