Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mariolopez said:
same here...i got it too..
i guess they r sending everybody who got file number but still waiting for nomination.
What is your timeline?

Application received: nov. 25
file no.: Jan. 5
Sent updated Health Permit: Feb 15
Still waiting.... ( no email about work permit extension)

reenku

Feb 22, 2014
Mariolopez said:
same here...i got it too..
i guess they r sending everybody who got file number but still waiting for nomination.
When ur wp is expiring? ?? Mine is expiring on july 2014. ..juz got file no. On feb 18th. ...

reenku

Feb 22, 2014
starla said:
Hi... My friend also received an hour ago an email from pnp same with u and his work permit will expire on oct. 2014.

I submit my Nov 25 (2 days ahead of him) but i did not received any email.
So...what does it mean by??? Shall we wait or proceed to extend wp??? I hv to change employer. ..my employer is not ready to do lmo....

prabh7777

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
nova scotia ,sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 nov 2013
Nomination.....
3 july 2014
AOR Received.
aug 1 2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
8 oct 2014
Med's Done....
24 oct 2014
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Mariolopez said:
Mine doent expired till 2016...so i think they r sending everyone..
I got the mail too ! Mine doesnt expire till 2016

Mariolopez

Feb 25, 2013
starla said:
What is your timeline?

Application received: nov. 25
file no.: Jan. 5
Sent updated Health Permit: Feb 15
Still waiting.... ( no email about work permit extension)
I got file number on march 31st

roney

Star Member
Dec 18, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
21-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Send with Application
File Transfer...
21-Nov-2013
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
3rd May 2014
Passport Req..
4th June 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting..............
LANDED..........
Applied from Canada
i got a email today and my WP will expire this year September 19.....but dont know why they are sending that frequently to all.....

Thank you for your application to the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). This email will give you information on what to do if your work permit is close to expiring while your AINP application is in process. The AINP will not expedite the processing of an application if a work permit is close to expiring.

It is the responsibility of you and your employer to make sure that your work permit remains valid. To work in Canada temporarily, you must have a valid work permit. If you currently hold a valid work permit and need to extend it while your AINP application is in process, follow these three steps:

1. Your employer must apply for a new Labour Market Opinion (LMO).
2. Your employer must provide you with a copy of the approved LMO and job offer.
3. You must then submit a work permit application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). It is important that you apply for your new work permit before your old work permit expires. You can then keep working on what is called implied status. Implied status means that you can keep working for your employer until you receive a decision from CIC on your new work permit application.

In a small number of cases, you may be exempt from requiring an LMO. If you are exempt, you would only need to complete the third step and apply directly to CIC for a new work permit.

Visit the CIC website for more information on how to extend your work permit and to obtain the application form and document checklist. Make sure that you and your employer start the process of applying for a new LMO and work permit several months in advance of your work permit expiry date. It takes time to get an LMO and a new work permit. Do not wait for the AINP to make a decision on your application before you and your employer start the process of getting a new work permit.

Visit the Immigration Help Centre online if you have additional questions on this or other immigration topics.

i think we dont need to worry about it...may be that just for formality......

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roney said:
i got a email today and my WP will expire this year September 19.....but dont know why they are sending that frequently to all.....

Thank you for your application to the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). This email will give you information on what to do if your work permit is close to expiring while your AINP application is in process. The AINP will not expedite the processing of an application if a work permit is close to expiring.

It is the responsibility of you and your employer to make sure that your work permit remains valid. To work in Canada temporarily, you must have a valid work permit. If you currently hold a valid work permit and need to extend it while your AINP application is in process, follow these three steps:

1. Your employer must apply for a new Labour Market Opinion (LMO).
2. Your employer must provide you with a copy of the approved LMO and job offer.
3. You must then submit a work permit application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). It is important that you apply for your new work permit before your old work permit expires. You can then keep working on what is called implied status. Implied status means that you can keep working for your employer until you receive a decision from CIC on your new work permit application.

In a small number of cases, you may be exempt from requiring an LMO. If you are exempt, you would only need to complete the third step and apply directly to CIC for a new work permit.

Visit the CIC website for more information on how to extend your work permit and to obtain the application form and document checklist. Make sure that you and your employer start the process of applying for a new LMO and work permit several months in advance of your work permit expiry date. It takes time to get an LMO and a new work permit. Do not wait for the AINP to make a decision on your application before you and your employer start the process of getting a new work permit.

Visit the Immigration Help Centre online if you have additional questions on this or other immigration topics.

i think we dont need to worry about it...may be that just for formality......

Hi! I got this mail too! My WP in my application was expired due to my passport that expired last Jan 2014, my employer was advised by CIC to renew my WP, 60 days before my old WP expires...
I have my new Work Permit, i don't know where send it...can anybody help me please...

roney

Star Member
Dec 18, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
21-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Send with Application
File Transfer...
21-Nov-2013
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
3rd May 2014
Passport Req..
4th June 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting..............
LANDED..........
Applied from Canada
mumay fort said:
Hi! I got this mail too! My WP in my application was expired due to my passport that expired last Jan 2014, my employer was advised by CIC to renew my WP, 60 days before my old WP expires...
I have my new Work Permit, i don't know where send it...can anybody help me please...
when your passport will expire??? and when your visa will expire?? you hold which country passport??

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roney said:
when your passport will expire??? and when your visa will expire?? you hold which country passport??

Hi! My passport is valid til July 2018, I renewed it early because my old one expires Jan 2014, and because of my passport I was issued a WP only valid til Jan2014, I have no option but to submit my WP even if it only has 2 mons left. from Philippines. Where do I send my new work permit?

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roney said:
Hi! Let me rephrase my last message to make it clearer...
New passport: July 2018
Old Visa: Jan 2014
New Visa: Jan 2015
Phil Passport

I have a 2 year LMO, but I was given a WP valid for 1 year because of my expiring passport

paulgovas

Aug 7, 2013
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
23-10-2015 received in Ecas
Passport Req..
January 6 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
I also got the WP extension email. now I think it is an indication that they are going to take more time to issue nominations. not a good indication :(

JORGER

May 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
cppO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-04-2014
paulgovas said:
I also got the WP extension email. now I think it is an indication that they are going to take more time to issue nominations. not a good indication :(
I was thinking the same, agree with you